Old 07-23-2007, 03:02 PM   #61
dyzs
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9100
Carrier: TMO

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbgwynne View Post
I run a BES at work with devices from all over north america on many different carriers (Rogers, Telus, Sprint, and Verizon). I do not use the Blackberry services of the individual providers. Instead, the device is activated on my BES server.

Does anyone know if I will be able to activate a blackberry device (or BB Connect device) through the Fido network to my BES?
I just tried a Fido SIM in my TMO 8100 and no go on BES. It seems they are blocking those ports. Looks like BES users in Canada on GSM are stuck with Rogers for now.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #62
dicin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Rogers

We LOVE Canada!!!

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-23-2007, 03:34 PM   #63
dicin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Anyone have their MMS working on an unlocked BB using Fido?
Old 07-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #64
MissKalunji
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: Ask me ;)
Carrier: fido

mms thats multimedia messages right? and no it ain't working unless i e-mail it
Old 07-23-2007, 04:59 PM   #65
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

Model: 8900
Carrier: None

as guys, dont forget that since the BB connect and Fido dont really support BBs it cant be garaunteed that MMS or all of the features will work, but if you can email them then thats just as good...
Old 08-07-2007, 10:35 AM   #66
toemaytoe
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8700g
Default Any more info?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlb View Post
Rogers does plan on eventually having fido offer full blown blackberry service using everything they offer Rogers customers.

Last I had heard they were waiting until they got HSDPA rolled out across the country for Rogers clients and Fido would offer a lower cost solution piggy backing off of rogers systems.

Don't know what phone they are going offer or even a time line for it all. I know they have been working on this for over a year now.
Hi, do you have any update on this message that you left in April?
Old 08-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #67
Ebtek
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Scheuer View Post
ok heres the deal with the billing in case anyone else has had this problem

for some users there has been a billing glitch, so solve it all you have to do is call 611 from your phone, talk with the rep, who should be nice, if not, get employees name and employee number and tell me.

anyways when you talk to the rep, just say that you have the BBconnect option and you seem to be bill for all the usage. then say that you know someone that works at fido whos a friend and they said to talk with wireless technical support about the issue, at that time the rep should put you on hold and talk to the tech support about it and they should be able to resolve it.

any questions please email me at the email in my sig... also if you have a jack ass rep, again please get the name and employee number then forward it to me please

thanks
FIDO would NEVER employ jack ass reps that give people a hard time. ;)
Old 08-15-2007, 05:41 PM   #68
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

well everyone here i work with are great so! i am to...
Old 08-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #69
Choconan

PIN: N/A
Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Hello,
I want to switch from Rogers to Fido and I have a Rogers BBPearl. Does it need to be unlocked before I switch or will it work since Rogers owns Fido? Will Rogers unlock it for me or do I need to find and buy an unlock code?
Old 08-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #70
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

you will need to get it unlocked, and rogers will not unlock it for you

it doesnt matter if rogers owns fido cuz the locks are tied to the SIM card, and fido and rogers still and will always use there own SIM cards..
Old 08-17-2007, 09:29 PM   #71
Choconan

Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Hey Cory,

So If I unlock my Rogers BBPearl, I can't use the Fido Sim card on it? Like be able to switch back and forth between the free phone I'm going to get from Fido and my Pearl?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #72
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

when you unlock a BB you can use any SIM in it, right now with it locked to Rogers you will only be able to use it with a Rogers SIM and nothing else. Hence the reason for unlocking it.

Yes you will be able to switch the SIM from the BB to the phone you get from us, but dont forget the BB connect wont work in the regular phone but with the BB only.

And also dont forget that once the device is unlocked it remains unlocked, forever, regardless if you upgrade the OS or do anything, once unlocked, always unlocked
Old 08-17-2007, 11:08 PM   #73
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

delete this post please

Last edited by Cory Scheuer; 08-18-2007 at 12:39 AM..
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 AM   #74
clearwater

Default To Corey and anyone who can help me out: Newbee

Hi, I am VERY new to blackberry and have been using Palm Treo for the last few years. I have recently decided to swap to Blackberry from a Treo 650 and fido has been my service provider for the last few years. Just got my 8100 unlock today!

That said: I have an unlimited GPRS from fido for only $50/month and still have it. The problem that I am facing now is:
Do I have to give up this unlimited data deal from fido in order to add the Blackberry connect data plan??
Fido customer service said they can only add the blackberry connect for me if I drop my unlimited gprs. I am not sure if there is any conflict at all. I am also not sure if I need gprs after getting blackberry data plan too.
My regular gprs usage is about 34MB/month and that's why I am reluctant to drop the unlimited plan from fido.

Can I still use grps for 8100 and still get my email?

I have search over the forum and it does not appear that this is clear.

Thanks in advance for all your help.
Daniel
Old 08-21-2007, 11:33 AM   #75
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

no

the GPRS regualr package will not work, never, no matter what you say do or think it will not work with the blackberry

that being said, if you want to use the BB for everything, then you will need to get the BB connect

and honestly in your case i think the 25mb package will be good enough for you. what did you do on your treo to make your data usage high like that?
Old 08-21-2007, 11:58 AM   #76
clearwater

Quote:
no

the GPRS regualr package will not work, never, no matter what you say do or think it will not work with the blackberry

that being said, if you want to use the BB for everything, then you will need to get the BB connect

and honestly in your case i think the 25mb package will be good enough for you. what did you do on your treo to make your data usage high like that?
Thanks Cory. I will call Fido and get the 25MB package then.
I was basically using my Treo for email using my work imap account, averaging about 1 MB a day.
I wish I was talking to you on the phone in Fido's support. Their customer support provide little to no information at all and most of the time helpless and misleading. I called three times yesterday and got three different answers!
Old 08-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #77
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

well its a new service to fido hence alot of people dont know much about it... also regular reps didnt get alot of training on it but tech support did, and i self taught everything to myself...

but it should be fine for you
Old 08-21-2007, 01:07 PM   #78
clearwater

Quote:
well its a new service to fido hence alot of people dont know much about it... also regular reps didnt get alot of training on it but tech support did, and i self taught everything to myself...

but it should be fine for you
Hi Cory,

Got problem here. I have deleted the unlimited gprs data plan and have added the $60 25 MB blackberry plan. Now, when I entered the PIN and IMEI numbers in BlackBerry Internet Service, it says

This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider.

I got the phone from Canada Computer Parts, PC Components, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Notebooks at TigerDirect.ca and it is an unlock phone. I can also use my phone in fido now.
What is the problem? Is it my phone or fido??

Thanks.
Daniel
Old 08-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #79
clearwater

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearwater View Post
Hi Cory,

Got problem here. I have deleted the unlimited gprs data plan and have added the $60 25 MB blackberry plan. Now, when I entered the PIN and IMEI numbers in BlackBerry Internet Service, it says

This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider.

I got the phone from Canada Computer Parts, PC Components, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Notebooks at TigerDirect.ca and it is an unlock phone. I can also use my phone in fido now.
What is the problem? Is it my phone or fido??

Thanks.
Daniel
Interesting enough. After getting a blackberry notification from fido, I entered login from my BB8100 and it worked. I could then add my work email address.

Thanks for your help.
Daniel
Old 08-21-2007, 01:27 PM   #80
Cory Scheuer
No longer Registered.

your phone,

was it used? if it was then its possible the previous owner of the phone has the BB register still with there old provider, and the PIN and IMEI has to be released before you can register it with Fido...
Closed Thread