BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 07:19 PM   #61
Remax Realtor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: tmo

Please Login to Remove!

I cant think of a phone that will break into a hundred pieces if it fell from my hands.

Heres an update. I'm getting use to the middle piece so it's gonna stay on. I only use the phone for email so i dont care about the ringing issue. However if it gets dropped, its gonna protect the front since its slightly raised. I can say seidio did a great job on this case. It fits perfect.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:48 PM   #62
dooks88
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8900
Carrier: at&t

Just got mine in the mail today. Came much quicker thank i expected. Fit is very good, and compliments the pearl very nicely. I would personally rate it a 9.5/10. My only gripe is the small amount of lint that the case collects. That doesnt bother me too much since the only reason I purchased the case was to protect me from dropping and damaging the pearl. If i would have ordered the white skin case, this would be a 10/10.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:35 PM   #63
Achilles
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax Realtor
I cant think of a phone that will break into a hundred pieces if it fell from my hands.

Heres an update. I'm getting use to the middle piece so it's gonna stay on. I only use the phone for email so i dont care about the ringing issue. However if it gets dropped, its gonna protect the front since its slightly raised. I can say seidio did a great job on this case. It fits perfect.
sorry about that ..... 2 or 3 pieces. im so so sorry Remax...
Old 10-20-2006, 08:59 PM   #64
pandyamilan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: T-mobile

does it have any issue with using the trackball, since i see from the picture that it seems to cover trackball from the top.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:47 PM   #65
disp350
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

No, as stated in other reviews, it does slightly cover the top of the silver ring that the trackball is in, but I have spent the last hour using the Pearl with the cover and I had no problems navigating with the trackball, or any other buttons. I also received the headphone adapter with the microphone and I have been listening to tunes through my headphones for the last hour. I am very impressed with both products. I am anxious to see the case they are releasing soon, because with the skin now on, the Pearl does not fit very well into my BB 7100 leather holster.
Old 10-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #66
Remax Realtor
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: tmo
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
sorry about that ..... 2 or 3 pieces. im so so sorry Remax...

I dropped the pearl on concrete and it do a damn thing. This isnt the 80's, cell phones are durable. Ive dropped my a900 over a hundred times and it still works perfect. I'm not trying to make fun of you, but I would laugh my butt off if I saw someone using a wrist strap on a cell phone.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:36 AM   #67
Achilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remax Realtor
I dropped the pearl on concrete and it do a damn thing. This isnt the 80's, cell phones are durable. Ive dropped my a900 over a hundred times and it still works perfect. I'm not trying to make fun of you, but I would laugh my butt off if I saw someone using a wrist strap on a cell phone.
Like i said thats why i cant wait to get my skin. i laugh at my self everytime i see my reflection with it. peace.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:20 AM   #68
saldous
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8830
Carrier: Verizon

Do you ship to the UK?
Old 10-21-2006, 07:05 AM   #69
seidioseidio
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9630
Carrier: AT&T | Verizon | T-Mobile | Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldous
Do you ship to the UK?
Yes, please place your order at Seidioonline.com. we will ship your order from our office in Spain.

Seidio
Old 10-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #70
ChumsGum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

Just got it and love it. It looks and feels like a tank now.

Yes, the jury is still out about the middle area protecting/hindering the trackball and buttons. At under $13 shipped though I'm thinking about buying another and using a precision x-acto knife to trim not the entire section off but just the area covering the buttons as that seems to bother me more so than the area above the trackball. Below is a pic showing you all the guard around the trackball.

Last edited by ChumsGum; 10-21-2006 at 12:01 PM..
Old 10-21-2006, 01:34 PM   #71
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Model: iFone
Carrier: AT&T™

Under $13 shipped? I'm assuming you choose the lowest shipping? I chose Priority, came out to $18.37. The Best Skins Ever RIM BlackBerry 8100 Pearl Total Body Skin came in today and I just applied it. I love it! I just wrote a review but its not showing up yet.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #72
Activator

Carrier: Cingular

Hey all-

Just got my Seidio 8100 skin. Stac's review (about 20 posts earlier) is basically right on plus a few issues/comments I have to add:

The Seidio skin is thin and fits great, but the one I had on my SLVR (not a Seidio skin) is 1/2 as thick. Yes, 1/2 as thick. If the Seidio skin is 2mm, the one I have is 1mm. Like paper, yet plenty tough (1 year on my SLVR). AND it's got a "matte" finish (not the semi-gloss finish of the Seidio 8100 skin) which does not attract dust.

The Seidio skin looked lint-covered within 1 minute of putting it on (in a super-clean, dust-free recording studio) The one I have for the SLVR never looks "dusty" and any slight accumulation blows off instantly. The dust on the Seidio 8100 skin won't blow or even rub off! It looks like it's been kept in a pocket with tissue lint, and I haven't even taken the phone off my desk! (Again, super-clean desk/environment.)

The trackball cover keeps catching my thumb and preventing full upward scrolling. It definitely needs to be trimmed back a bit. I'm going to carefully slice the curved cutout so it is not over the top of the trackball as much. (But still keeping the middle intact.) I actually like the rubber over the buttons... they are easier to press.

Plus, why didn't Seidio make a cutout where the speaker "ports" on the top of the phone?

So, in conclusion, the skin fits well and will certainly protect the phone in a mishap, but I don't like the type of silicone they chose to mold it out of. There are better silicone materials available. I'll keep this skin, but only until the company that makes the one I have for the SLVR comes out with an 8100 model.

Sorry Seidio, but it's a 7/10 for me!
Old 10-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #73
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

Activator, what is the company you are waiting for?
Old 10-21-2006, 03:02 PM   #74
Activator

Carrier: Cingular

I don't think the place I bought it from is on eBay anymore... it shipped directly from Hong Kong.

There are about 6 places that look like they have the same skin. It was advertised as having "OAD" added which, apparently, is the "secret ingredient" that makes the skin have a silky, matte finish which attracts literally no dust. (It's still "grippy", but not at all "sticky".) Even after a year and being on and off the phone, and washed a few times, it still fits and feels the same.

Search "L7 SLVR Silicone". The one I have for the SLVR is the one with the cutout for the keypad and was shipped from Hong Kong.

A search for "Pearl 8100 Silicone" brought up nothing (yet).

It's hard to describe, but the Seidio skin has a "plasticky", "sticky" feel to it and the one I have on the SLVR feels "silky" and not sticky. Like a brand new hi-quality bicycle innertube.

I have to admit, if I'd never owned the one for the SLVR, I would think the Sedio skin was excellent. It will definitely protect the phone and is not as bulky OR sticky as some skins I've seen.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:25 PM   #75
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

I searched for Organic Anti-Dust, not OAD added silicone skin, just the material/spray but no luck :( was planning on spraying it on the Seidio silicone case...oh well...
Old 10-21-2006, 03:48 PM   #76
ChumsGum
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: TMobile

there's this stuff called 303 that i use for my car, it's a vinyl/rubber protectant that works great at repelling dust. don't know if i'd wanna try it on something that my hands and ear are always on though.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:46 PM   #77
laz305
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100c
PIN: 23F0D62F

Quote:
Originally Posted by notabun
I'm still waiting for seidio to offer the holster for skinned Pearls so I can order both the holster and skin at the same time and save on shipping.
same here, I wish they offered a pre-purchase
http://mobile41.com/index.htm
myspace.com/lazarus305
Old 10-21-2006, 05:03 PM   #78
laz305
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activator
Hey all-

Just got my Seidio 8100 skin. Stac's review (about 20 posts earlier) is basically right on plus a few issues/comments I have to add:

The Seidio skin is thin and fits great, but the one I had on my SLVR (not a Seidio skin) is 1/2 as thick. Yes, 1/2 as thick. If the Seidio skin is 2mm, the one I have is 1mm. Like paper, yet plenty tough (1 year on my SLVR). AND it's got a "matte" finish (not the semi-gloss finish of the Seidio 8100 skin) which does not attract dust.

The Seidio skin looked lint-covered within 1 minute of putting it on (in a super-clean, dust-free recording studio) The one I have for the SLVR never looks "dusty" and any slight accumulation blows off instantly. The dust on the Seidio 8100 skin won't blow or even rub off! It looks like it's been kept in a pocket with tissue lint, and I haven't even taken the phone off my desk! (Again, super-clean desk/environment.)

The trackball cover keeps catching my thumb and preventing full upward scrolling. It definitely needs to be trimmed back a bit. I'm going to carefully slice the curved cutout so it is not over the top of the trackball as much. (But still keeping the middle intact.) I actually like the rubber over the buttons... they are easier to press.

Plus, why didn't Seidio make a cutout where the speaker "ports" on the top of the phone?

So, in conclusion, the skin fits well and will certainly protect the phone in a mishap, but I don't like the type of silicone they chose to mold it out of. There are better silicone materials available. I'll keep this skin, but only until the company that makes the one I have for the SLVR comes out with an 8100 model.

Sorry Seidio, but it's a 7/10 for me!
are you serious? they covered up the speaker port? you gotta be kidding me, it's volume is low enough as it is without covering it up. omfg well thx for the heads up
myspace.com/lazarus305
Old 10-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #79
laz305
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default GIZMO Skin

just a heads up if anyone was interested in GIZMOSKIN, don't get it, it is a waist of money. it fits so tight that you can't pull it out without taking off the case from the belt
myspace.com/lazarus305
Old 10-21-2006, 05:07 PM   #80
phungy
CrackBerry Addict

You can always make a slit =)
Closed Thread