BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #41
StevenJSilverman

Model: 8700c

Please Login to Remove!

thats why I want to get microsoft word on my blackberry so I can be anywehre and type up homework and email it to my teacher... anyone know of any microsoft word apps?
Old 06-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #42
naynar
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarza
I would definitely get one for a college kid, but I would threaten them with their life if they broke it or lost it. College is run like a business these days with everything being done on e-mail and the web. Pretty fascinating.
i am in college and i love love love my bb. not only do i use it to remind myself when things are due but when i'm bored during breaks in class i can talk to my friends.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #43
vbaskar

Carrier: Cingular
Default the era of rock & roll

mmm i always thought majority of the teens wants those sleek,flip open,jazzy,light weight and OFCOURSE with Camera

seeing this makes to feel like this generation wants to listen to pink floyd,jim morrison,bob dylan and such kinda music...

probably i always felt that when i was young i was matured too quickly by listening to such kinda of music
Old 06-15-2006, 02:58 PM   #44
naynar

Carrier: t-mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbaskar
mmm i always thought majority of the teens wants those sleek,flip open,jazzy,light weight and OFCOURSE with Camera

seeing this makes to feel like this generation wants to listen to pink floyd,jim morrison,bob dylan and such kinda music...

probably i always felt that when i was young i was matured too quickly by listening to such kinda of music
i had a sidekick and hated it so i got my bb a few days ago and for the recond i listen to that music now, i'm 21 ;)
Old 06-15-2006, 03:04 PM   #45
Pizzle
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 8310
PIN: T + PINT = QUART
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenJSilverman
thats why I want to get microsoft word on my blackberry so I can be anywehre and type up homework and email it to my teacher... anyone know of any microsoft word apps?

I hear rumblings of eOffice, but know little about it, and know that it's not free.

You may try a search for that and see what comes up. I think it's been reviewed on here.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #46
Tylar

Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Thanks for all your guy's is help. I just got a bb 8700c and got the Data package all set up. I love it 1000x better than the Treo not missing it at all
I had a Treo for 4 weeks. REgardless of your age, if you can justify the addiction, then whatever. Treo is great if you're low on the email/synch'ing and high on camera, texting and other stuff that really doesn't jive for 100% work use.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:55 AM   #47
bobhammer
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: Curve
Carrier: CSL

I am 16 and have a 8700r, I love it becos of all its instant messengers and stability over the treo and ppc phone!!! and I am going to buy a 8707v.....!!! I dun really need a camera, so blackberry fits me very well!!
Gtalk:bobhammer
BB model:8700r, The Pearl(water damage), Curve
Old 06-16-2006, 09:09 AM   #48
texasag90
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllVerbatim
Just to clarify for the members of the board that jumped on him so quick...

I was using a BB 950 at age 15.
When I was 16 a Treo 180, then a 270.
And a 6280 until I got a Treo 600 - then a 650.
Now I have a 7520 and am purchasing a 8700c tomorrow.

I was using them when they were really stuffy. Not because some celebrity did.

I'm just saying.

I was using an Apple IIe when I was 15. It had a 300 baud modem (full duplex)!
Old 06-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #49
supadupahyphy

Model: 8350i
PIN: 40260cdc
Carrier: Sprint trying to Phase out Nextel

It really dosnt matter how old are. If you have certain needs and there is a device that can meet them. Why would not get that device? You are trying to stay connected and make your life easier, right?

Bottom line. If you have not picked up the BB yet what are are you waiting for?
Old 06-16-2006, 01:04 PM   #50
devlol
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon

Crack is crack.. err I mean a blackberry is a blackberry - it's a tool. doesn't matter what age you are, if you have a use for it, then you should get it. Unless you're just getting it because it "looks cool" and you want it for the "wow" factor of your peers. Then that's just a waste and you should probably get a moto Q.

But then again you already did get it =P

I think the only program for word processing would be eoffice. or eword.

Here's professional eoffice: http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...21718&R=121718

and here's standard eoffice:
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=93174&R=93174

here's basic:
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...59619&R=159619

and here's eword:
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...=93172&R=93172
Old 06-17-2006, 06:34 PM   #51
StevenJSilverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasag90
I was using an Apple IIe when I was 15. It had a 300 baud modem (full duplex)!
How old are you now?
Old 06-17-2006, 08:42 PM   #52
spblat

Carrier: T-Mo

Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I wish there was a device this powerful when I was a teen. I was the geeky kid with the "data bank watch" in high school. I was in my twenties when the first truly useful PDA hit the market, the PalmPilot 1000. I've been there and done that with treos, wizards, newtons, WinCE, sidekicks, and on and on. I'm more satisfied with my 8700g than I was with any of those, although my SideKickII was pretty cool.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:07 PM   #53
joaquin654
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: yeah baby !
Carrier: AT&T Mobility
Talking enjoy the search ....

Quote:
Thanks for the posts... Everyone in my family has one so they like them to keep in touch and I used to have the treo 650 but i hated how it kept resetting... I dont really care about the price... i like the fact of the always on email

hang in there steven .... yes the Blackberry has no real bling factor that most young people look for , but honestly you may not be the typical young man ! look at it that way ! lol . i graduated high school at 15 , college at 18 , and i would have loved a Blackberry at any age to send emails to my friends ( aka. "girls" ) and to browse the net while on the go . nice . plus edge make the web pretty nice to surf with the blackberry . plus you can see pictures and respond to emails immediately after it came through . also , t-mobile blackberrys come with Instant Messenger programs preinstalled ... thats a nice feature for young people ... hell , thats a nice feature for an old fogey like me !!! thats AOL IM , MSN IM , and others . so in the end remember this , only you know what kind of young man you are , so decide on your choice and roll with it . =) but like others said , remember that blackberrys don't bring things like : camera , memory card slot , or Mp3 player ... but good luck with your search .
Old 06-18-2006, 01:19 AM   #54
blk n blu

Model: 7100i
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobate
Some of these responses are a little condescending.

The things that would make a BB a poor choice for a 15-year-old (and some for anyone):

* Price--data plans are expensive, the device is not cheap.
* Limited media functionality--device works for web, phone and email only
* Stuffy--if you want to carry the same device as most defense contractors ...
I dont disagree with the posts pertaining to this question, but to assert that price is a factor is equally (perhaps more) condescending than most posts here. "stuffy"??? this is by far one the most valuable communication tools I have came across. Helpful to anyone who uses email thruout the day to day.
If you want a media player/video game/toy...maybe look elsewhere. I suppliment those needs with pocket pc and xbox 360.

[email address]
PIN:401173E1
Old 06-18-2006, 03:50 PM   #55
Maan

Carrier: AT&T & T-Mobile

Man, I feel old.

When I was that age, cellular are the size of bricks (think Michael Douglas in the beach shore scene in Wall Street) and only for people with a lot of disposable income.

Now we have teens with Blackberrys. What is this world coming to? I'm heading to the hills.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:41 PM   #56
PolishPanda

I'm 17 and I have a Blackberry.

All of my friends say it looks badass and that they wish they had one.

I go to a private boarding school and I run a small business while there so my BB has become a godsend in the last few days.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:28 AM   #57
atuarre

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re

Errm...if you want a blackberry, get one of the phone Blackberries, the 7100's I think are the ones that look more like a regular phone. I don't recommend the 8700c's or anything along those lines for someone so young.

If you bring it to school, it will most likely be stolen, and you are out of the money you paid for it.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:49 AM   #58
Aroc
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
PIN: 20878533
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by atuarre
...get one of the ...7100's. I don't recommend the 8700c's or anything along those lines for someone so young.
Why would age disqualify someone from using a QWERTY keyboard? I don't get it. If anything younger people send text more (email/SMS/IM, etc) and older people tend to perfer the voice capabilites - based on my users at work. and as you consider even younger and old people I would expect those usage trends to continue. So that is the opposite on what you are saying.

Granted the younger people may not be saying anything important (we can't all be middle managers and salespeople) but they are typing info, lots of it.
Closed Thread