BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 09:29 AM   #21
ReneeS

Please Login to Remove!

davemayo, really happy to hear your bb is functioning properly again. Seems like your solution may work for me, but I need a few more details as to how you accomplished this. I've very new to blackberry devices, so while I could do all of this blindfolded on a palm device, I'm not sure how to reinstall the handheld software, and where do I get a new version?
Old 03-01-2005, 01:50 PM   #22
ReneeS

Well, the solution is that there is no solution...at least not yet. I've been on the phone all morning and well into the afternoon with BlackBerry support and there apparently is a known issue that has been communicated to bb developement regarding this problem. So, I've had Cingular completely delete my Web Client account, and I can now see and file into my LN folders. Oh well...guess I'll stick to a Palm device.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:53 PM   #23
loonews
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7280, 7290, 7250, 7100

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonews
I'm a bit wary of telling folks they can reliably use a BES accoutn and a BWC account on the same device. In my testing, which has been short, it can cause odd things and limit functionality of one or the other mail systems.
Shawn
Yep I've seen the same type of thing as said above, but damn I never have time to go into enough testing to be specific, I just know it causes problems and that's as far as I normally have time to go and then move on to next thing
Old 03-03-2005, 04:47 PM   #24
davemayo
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Our IT folks did the work while I watched with my fingers crossed. We had to get a RIM tech on the phone to walk us through it. By the way, I resent the Web Client service book after my LN folders were restored and I am still functioning fine. Don't go back to Palm just yet.....
Old 04-04-2005, 12:52 PM   #25
capngeno

Model: 7100g on order
Question Another Lotus Notes User with BES 2.2 & BWC

ReneeS, I'm asking many of the same questions you are. After searches, still puzzled. Using LN 6.0 with BES 2.2 & BWC (redirecting AOL just fine). I see no way to file LN into folders. I did as suggested in this thread, to View Folders, but do NOT see my name followed by my LN domain. Anybody got a thought for me how to see that and file into folders? Also, my AOL personal mail is showing up in my LN inbox at work (so far, no problem, but who knows Thanks all.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #26
PhilMax
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100g

This thread originally dates back to 2/23. Has no one resolved this issue? I am seeing the same thing. If I "view folders" I see all of my LN folders. If I go to "file" a message, only BWC folders are shown.

7100g
4.0 desktop
4.0 handheld
on BES and BWC
Old 04-04-2005, 02:58 PM   #27
kdtjlamb

Model: 8100
Carrier: TMO

We are on BES 4.0 and Notes R6.5 and are having the same issues..... You can perform a security wipe on the handheld and reactivate, and you will get your folders back.... However, if you send down the BWC service book, you may (or may not) wack your Notes folders again...
Old 04-04-2005, 09:16 PM   #28
taftwatson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: Verizon

This is a know problem with folders in the lotus notes BES. You'll need to do the following and it'll fix it. Go to the users state database on the BES server (open the server and go to BES/State). when you open the state database, go to the folders view and delete all the folders. The folders will re-sync with your lotus notes folders, and then you'll be able to file to new messages. The older messages you received before deleted the folders can NOT be filed in the folders.

Old 04-09-2005, 09:01 PM   #29
kdtjlamb

My folder seem to disappear once I push the BWC service book down. I have found that If I go into my BWC profiles... PUSH the service book down, it over writes whatever is on my device with the BWC folders. However, if I go into BWC profiles and just change the device associated with my account to another device--> save --> then reassociate it with my current device.... the service book will eventually come down on its own... when this happens, everything seems to be OK ... Lotus Notes folders are all there ( and I can send emails as my BWC account also)....
Old 04-11-2005, 08:35 PM   #30
davemayo

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by taftwatson
This is a know problem with folders in the lotus notes BES. You'll need to do the following and it'll fix it. Go to the users state database on the BES server (open the server and go to BES/State). when you open the state database, go to the folders view and delete all the folders. The folders will re-sync with your lotus notes folders, and then you'll be able to file to new messages. The older messages you received before deleted the folders can NOT be filed in the folders.
This is exactly what I had to do to fix this problem. I pushed the BWC service book right after the fix and I have had no problems ever since.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:06 AM   #31
kdtjlamb

Same here... deleted folders from SDB on BES.... then reactivated. Works like a champ now!
Closed Thread