Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #21
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9530
PIN: Ask
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

rta,

If you absolutely want Bing, you can call Verizon and request that it be pushed to your account. I think Verizon does the push in batches because my sis got hers before I got mine. Also, you could likely miss the push due to a burp in the system.

Just call and request the push. I also got the "My Verizon" app at the same time I got bing and its a pretty cool application.

Verizon 9530
Old 11-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #22
dbower96
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
PIN: ?
Carrier: Verizon

XelhaBB is right on about concerning Verizon's pushes coming in batches. I was told by a Verizon tech that they do this to help ensure that the network doesn't get swamped. That is why some people got the notification about 5.0 on different days. To keep everyone from jumping on right away and trying to do it over the network. The pushes are the same deal.

Anyway, I really like the Bing app that came with the new OS. It works great for me, and abosulutely love the fact that I can search for something by just talking. No more typing to do a search.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:50 PM   #23
Kopter
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9550
Carrier: Verizon (BES)

Well, I found BING and installed it. I like it except for one thing.... the keyboard defaults to Multitap and there is no way to change it to SureType. Yes, one can go into options/Screen/keyboard/portrait view keyboard and change the device's overall setting to Full Keyboard. But that doesn't work for me. I like SureType. When in the Bing app, if you select 'toggle keyboard'; it simply brings it up/hides it.

Also, BING doesn't respond to the accelerometer... displays only portrait. (Actually DOES display in landscape... it's just sideways). I searched BING +Keyboard and came up empty. Even went to Bing Blackberry Team - Windows Live to see if their blog had an answer. Nope.

Oh well.. back to Poynt. Will keep Bing on the device; hopefully a new version will be released soon.

Ehh.. MODs... i think I am guilty of quasi-threadjacking. sorry bout that.

Last edited by Kopter; 11-10-2009 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: I apparently can no longer spell words properly... on the first try. ARRGH.
Closed Thread