Old 02-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #21
Xandrex
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8900
PIN: ASK-ME
Carrier: Vodafone France SFR

Please Login to Remove!

hello,

your question truly depends on the version of Outlook Web Access.

Is you use an old version, it probably uses frames. As you may know, the Curve browser does not handle frames very well. They are supposed to be displayed as stacked, but sometimes the cursor gets stuck in a frame and it becomes hard do change to the other frame.

the other problem is, for instance, if you click on a link (let's say, a folder). the target is the other frame, so it won't really work.

you can manage by hovering on the folder link, click L to display the link url, copy ig, then click G to open Goto popup, paste that link. that way you have a single page without frames, where you have the message list only. It's working, and second effect is that it is easier to read.

then you can simply click on a subject to open the message and read it.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:45 PM   #22
Xandrex

Model: 8900
PIN: ASK-ME
Carrier: Vodafone France SFR

but it you use a more recent version of Outlook Web Access, then all that does not work. I can see that with Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access 8.1, then all frames are removed, and all usual HTML A links are replaced by javascript.

the curve browser is not performant enough for that javascript.
the storm browser is performant enough to open messages but not to reply of forward them.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:21 AM   #23
Ace_437

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
Why do you need a workaround if you have a BES? Are you sure you're not referring to Enterprise Activation when you mention entering your email address and password (should be an EA password, not your network password)?
We're "supposed" to fill out some paperwork and give our phones to IT (if they're not company paid), and they'll set it up for us. But I also don't want any IT policies loaded on it, if they'd even do that. So, we can just create an email account in the BB using our work email addy, and then use our network password. Bingo, getting work email on the phone.
Closed Thread