Old 09-21-2005, 07:21 PM   #21
nick119
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700
Carrier: Cingular

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulcamara
This was why I gave up. If you can get it back in minutes instead of hours, things have either become much better or you're able to explain what you want to Cingular much more effectively than I.

I'm impressed with what you've been able to do. Many have tried and failed before you.
Yeah you just have to basically tell them that it should be on my account (if you have the unlimited data plan). Dont even mention third party software if you dont have to, because as soon as they hear that, they just say we dont support third party software as an easy way out. Just keep trying I guarentee it'll work. If youre really having a tough time, I'll even call up for you haha if it comes down to it.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:46 PM   #22
dulcamara

Model: 9810
Carrier: ATT

Lesse here. When I was a kid

I wanted to be the center for the Celtics

I wanted to drive Formula 1

I wanted to play defense for the Chicago Bears

but I grew up to be a 145lb 5'9" guy with poor hand-eye coordination.

So I changed by ambitions: now I want to sing Tristan at the MET and get Cingular to give me the data service I'm paying for. I'm striking out there, too.

Nick119, you are the Mike Ditka and Sterling Moss of my middle age. I salute you!

I gave up on the bastids at Cingular and went with a hosted BES, which has its own rewards (can you get wireless real time sync on a MAC with Cingular?).
Old 09-22-2005, 01:16 PM   #23
jshack

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick119
If all fails or you are successful post back here..
I suck.

I managed to break everything for a while, but I finally managed to get back to where I started: mail works, browser [sorta] works [slow], ramble gives the tunnel error. That's with the wap.cingular settings in place. So I called Cingular and managed to fall asleep while I was waiting on hold.

Maybe someday. I'm not holding my breath. Thanks for taking the leadership role on this, Nick, and thanks for the patient advice.

JS
Old 09-22-2005, 05:55 PM   #24
nick119

Thats weird the most I've ever been on hold with cingular was about 5 minutes.. If you are seriously having a hard time... you can give me your information and i'll call up for you and make sure they add it to your account.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #25
hartmannks

Model: 7290

My experience has been terrible. I've been on the phone three time for 30 or 40 mins each and I still can't get any of my apps working. Additionally, the reps said they were not able to lookup other reps to understand the issues.

I'm a non-BES customer with an unlimited BB data plan. I guess I'm not asking for the correct additions to the account. I specifically request the WIX items. What specifically is requested for the account. My bill has the following:

BB UNL Add On 44.99
BB UNL Business 0.00
Includes:
- Blackberry
- GPRS

What should I be asking for to get this setup correct?
Old 09-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #26
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Have you looked at this faq? http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=2185

According to it you still need

WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
WIX DATA CONNECT $0.00
WRLSS INTRNT XPRS PAY PER USE $0.00

The wap.cingular APN is the official Cingular recommended APN. Exact instructions for telephoning Cingular to configure your account is listed here. Occasionally, Cingular Blue users may have to use an APN of "proxy" with blank username and password. An alternate configuration is an APN of "isp.cingular" with username "ISPDA@CINGULARGPRS.COM" and password of "CINGULAR1". More older information on this is in this thread and alternate Cingular contact information in this thread. Yet more useful instructions are also found here.

Last edited by Soapm; 09-26-2005 at 06:30 PM..
Old 09-26-2005, 07:55 PM   #27
hartmannks

I've seen all of the threads on Cingular and the items that I need on my bill. The problem is that the blackberry and the billingteam at Cingular give me run around. THe blackberry reps say it can only be added by the billing people and the billing people say it is not related to blackberry service. Any suggestions?
Old 09-27-2005, 01:49 AM   #28
stinkyfeet
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8310
PIN: 24273b23....which blackberry will i have next???
Carrier: ATT Mobility

i didn't get a chance to read all of the replies but what are you talking about. are you talking about the $45 BB unlim email n data with voice or the $50 unlim email n data standalone. or do u guys mean the one that comes with just email. didn't they should u the brouches on the plans? i work for cingular and i've never heard of not having wap access with a blackberry. because as far as i know u get email u get wap or u get wap u get email.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 AM   #29
kyle16

Carrier: AT&T

ok i spent hours upon hours researching this matter before calling Cingular. below is what i did and what you should do if you want to get the Internet configured correctly (so you can use 3rd party apps) and avoid the dreaded "could not open tunnel - failed" error message.......

btw - after performing the 4 steps below Verichat worked like a charm

#1 - call the (866) 490-2666 Blackberry support line - DO NOT CALL Cingular Care (they are clueless when it comes to Blackberry configuration/setup).

#2 - ask for the Blackberry (non-BES) plan you need (tiered/unlimited) AND ask that they specifically use one of the "new" plans. The newer plans are set to auto-provision your account to avoid all of the troubles of the past (got confirmation of this today).

UPDATE: my unlimited plan is BB UNL ADD ON - $44.99

#3 - configure your TCP option with the appropriate info - How to Configure Full Internet Access On BlackBerry

#4 - remove battery from your , wait 30 seconds, reinsert - all is right with your Blackberry!!!

Last edited by kyle16; 09-29-2005 at 04:42 PM..
Old 09-29-2005, 05:42 PM   #30
mezorn26
No longer Registered.

Talking

I'm confused....What exactly is this? I have the BB unlimited plan..

Sorry to sound like a newbie, WELL I AM
Old 09-29-2005, 06:13 PM   #31
nick119

this is for if you are not on a blackberry enterprise server, and you have a blackberry that you are personally paying for, you are able to use WAP applications such as IM'ng programs (Ramble, Verichat) and other programs that require a WAP Access point like BBWeather Etc. once it's setup correctly.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:39 PM   #32
mezorn26
No longer Registered.

Quote:
this is for if you are not on a blackberry enterprise server, and you have a blackberry that you are personally paying for, you are able to use WAP applications such as IM'ng programs (Ramble, Verichat) and other programs that require a WAP Access point like BBWeather Etc. once it's setup correctly.

I don't use BES, but I do have the BBERRY Unlimited plan and it's paid for by my company...
Old 09-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #33
kyle16

Carrier: AT&T

ok well i will be the first to admit that the "internet" provisioning and TCP configuration is not all there is to getting BBWeather to work - because i still haven't gotten it to work. i am wondering if it has something to do with the policy on the phone......
Old 09-30-2005, 05:20 PM   #34
jshack

Model: 8830
Carrier: verizon

I am stunned.

I loaded the 4.0.1 desktop and the 4.0.2 handheld software today.

Reloaded the settings that Nick [mah man!] so patiently laid out, and I'm in.

This even after a couple more pointless sessions with unhelpful people from Cingular BB Tech Support.

I'm going wild now, watch out.

Thanks to everyone in the thread for the conversation.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:21 PM   #35
nick119

Glad to hear you got it working, just becareful that they don't charge you on your next bill. If they do make sure you call up and have them remove it and tell them NOT to remove the access point while doing it..

Just a heads up heh
Old 10-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #36
hartmannks

Quote:
Great NEWS!

Ok for all you guys with the Cingular Unlimited Data Plan's on a non-BES, you DO NOT, i repeat you DO NOT need to pay extra for WAP Access if you do have the unlimited data plan! I finally got through with a great cingular employee, whom I explained my whole story too, and she agreed and took care of it and fixed everything up and cleared up any confusion. Just call up Cingular's Blackberry Dept. and see if you can get Lucy Patton to help you out, that was her name. She'll help you out with everything you need, she totally understands the situation. The number to call is ..866-490-2666.

Man am i relieved now that I don't have to pay extra for something I already have. One huge headache cleared from my life heh.

Any questions feel free to PIN me..

I also just got an email from her saying that these settings will also work with the blackberry access point:
GPRS APN: blackberry.net
WAP gateway ip: 66.209.11.61
WAP gateway port: 9203
Still no luck with Cingular!!!

I continue to have tunnel failed problems in BB Today and Verichat. I called Blackberry support and tried to get the Service codes added to my account and they said that they could not find the codes. I asked for Lucy and they do not have that ability. Any suggestions on getting the service codes on my account.
Old 10-13-2005, 06:19 PM   #37
Jdizzi

Model: 7100g
Default Sportseeker

Just got my 7100g and subscribed to Sportseeker, but keeps telling me it cannot connect to the server. I have the BB Unlimited plan and my APN is set to blackberry.net. Does anyone else have Sportseeker and have this problem, or is this a general Cingular issue like has been discussed here?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2005, 06:47 PM   #38
katieraine

Carrier: Cingular/ATT

I had the same issues with my 7290 from Cingular for months. When they put the pay-per-use plan on, I could use my TCP programs and got over-billed every month. I'd call up and *****, they'd take it back off and we'd go through the argument about why is Unlimited BB different than pay-per-use.

So, this past Monday I decided I was going to get it fixed once and for all. I stayed on the phone for hours with them, eventually got transferred to a nice guy at RIM and explained the issue to him.

He got us back on the phone with Cingular and had the problem fixed in about 5 minutes.

I was so irritated when I got done, I called back to talk with their customer care center. I demanded the unlock code for my 7290, we filled out a form over the phone and within 24 hours they sent it via e-mail. So now I have my service fixed and my 7290 is UNLOCKED. Woot!

-k
Artist, Unix Goddess, Chocolate lover, and semi-professional smartypants.
---
"I have learnt silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind"
Kahlil Gibran (1883 - 1931)
Old 10-20-2005, 03:34 PM   #39
timmymac123

Model: 8703e
Carrier: Verizon

What *excatly* do I need to say to the cingular rep to get this?

I seem to have no luck getting anyone that knows anything!

I am told I do not need the data connect service, or this morning I was told the data connect service does not work on my 7100g.

thanks
--tmac
Old 10-22-2005, 12:23 AM   #40
enzo86

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

ugh im having the SAME problems with SUNCOM, got a bill for a extra 2mb of TCP
http://www.blackberryforums.com/showthread.php?t=17688
Closed Thread