Redflea
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikasen View Post
Sorry Redflea, but I think it is an age/eyesight thing. I have seen other comments like yours, but once you get used to the font size, you'll see the advantages to it, way more on the screen at one time.
As for Gouki, I believe the answer to your question IS no.
OK, I'll just get younger then. Hey, wait a minute...that's really, really hard, I bet even harder than changing the font!

He's got a "font-adjusted" version of another theme, so we "font-challenged" types will have to persist in our request. Not talking going to 22pt bold, just a little larger/darker so the strain-level is reduced.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:02 PM   #362
PARAZZI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8320
Carrier: Fido

sorry for the newb question here guys. whats the difference between zen, icon, and today versions? i want to download this onto my 8320. thanks.
Old 01-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #363
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAZZI View Post
sorry for the newb question here guys. whats the difference between zen, icon, and today versions? i want to download this onto my 8320. thanks.
ZEN:
icons aligned left of the screen for select apps.

ICON:
similar to windows desktop where all application icons are laid out in rows and columns

TODAY:
shows a select list of apps (typically 3, Messages, Call Log, Calendar) and the new entries for those apps (new mail messages, missed calls, upcoming calendar events, etc.). An applications button is located at the bottom of the home screen to link to the rest of the installed apps.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:40 PM   #364
The Jerk
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8130
PIN: 3181b1fe
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

OMG!!! I was kinda skeptical at first....I have never downloaded any extras/mods for my Pearl before.....this this thing is AMAZING,Great job......do you offer any other good mods?

Old 02-01-2008, 12:57 AM   #365
PARAZZI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun27612 View Post
ZEN:
icons aligned left of the screen for select apps.

ICON:
similar to windows desktop where all application icons are laid out in rows and columns

TODAY:
shows a select list of apps (typically 3, Messages, Call Log, Calendar) and the new entries for those apps (new mail messages, missed calls, upcoming calendar events, etc.). An applications button is located at the bottom of the home screen to link to the rest of the installed apps.
dude, thanks for the explanation. i cant wait to download this theme. i think i will prefer the either the icon or today. i can download this them straight on to my 8320 right? or can i also download this first onto my PC and then install onto my BB via BB desktop manager? which one will be better to do?
Old 02-01-2008, 08:28 AM   #366
Gouki
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8310
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
dude, thanks for the explanation. i cant wait to download this theme. i think i will prefer the either the icon or today. i can download this them straight on to my 8320 right? or can i also download this first onto my PC and then install onto my BB via BB desktop manager? which one will be better to do?
Installing it via OTA is probably the simplest.

With Desktop Manager install you would have to download the install files to your computer >> load DM >> Application Loader >> Click Add (to add the theme) >> Browse to where you stored the files >> and then finally install it.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:30 PM   #367
serpico007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8330
Carrier: Telus

Very cool free theme. Just got the Today version for my 8700. Thank you for your work dude.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:15 AM   #368
PARAZZI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gouki View Post
Installing it via OTA is probably the simplest.

With Desktop Manager install you would have to download the install files to your computer >> load DM >> Application Loader >> Click Add (to add the theme) >> Browse to where you stored the files >> and then finally install it.
thanks for the response man. if i download through OTA...is it pretty much just click and install through my 8320? thanks again.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:28 AM   #369
serpico007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Yes, you get an email with a link. I clicked it and the download & install went ahead. The instructions say to remove the battery, then put it back and turn on so the theme shows up in your list. Worked fine on my 8700r.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #370
PARAZZI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico007 View Post
Yes, you get an email with a link. I clicked it and the download & install went ahead. The instructions say to remove the battery, then put it back and turn on so the theme shows up in your list. Worked fine on my 8700r.
can you direct the link to any e-mail address you prefer (ie: hotmail)? which type did you download (zen, today version) for your 8700r? after taking and putting back the battery, the theme just automatically shows up on the list? how do u like it?
Old 02-02-2008, 09:02 AM   #371
flatlined
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8300

Quote:
First off...awesome theme! This is really slick!

Quick question (but I think I already know the answer), is there any way to use the same wallpaper for the lock screen as what is used on the home screen? Got a feeling that the answer is no...but thought I'd ask.

Quote:
^^BUMP Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Did you ever get an answer on this?
Old 02-02-2008, 09:59 AM   #372
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

The background on the home page and the lockscreen are set when building the theme. So to answer your question, yes, you can change the wallpaper of the lockscreen, but only if you have the .thm (theme) file, and have plazmic theme builder installed.
Old 02-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #373
Dawg
No longer Registered.

PIN: 31a6c9c9
Carrier: Verizon BIS

I have had this on my 8703 ever since it was released. I will now put it on my new pearl that i hope to get from UPS today.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #374
serpico007
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
can you direct the link to any e-mail address you prefer (ie: hotmail)? which type did you download (zen, today version) for your 8700r? after taking and putting back the battery, the theme just automatically shows up on the list? how do u like it?
I entered one of my email addresses that is set up on my 8700r. I just downloaded the Today version. After the battery process, the theme showed up. It's just a reset thing by removing the battery. Very nice theme and fonts.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:42 PM   #375
jDMJeRk
Thumbs Must Hurt

great theme by all means... Nice work
Old 02-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #376
garys11
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: G3S
PIN: ASK ME!
Carrier: Vodafone
Angry

I am sick of these iPhone themes for the Blackberry.
If you want to shame your Blackberry by making it look like a iPhone,
Buy a iPhone....
Old 02-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #377
PARAZZI
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico007 View Post
I entered one of my email addresses that is set up on my 8700r. I just downloaded the Today version. After the battery process, the theme showed up. It's just a reset thing by removing the battery. Very nice theme and fonts.
thanks for the response. i guess i have to get my e-mail setup first. to be able to do any OTA downloads.
Old 02-03-2008, 04:56 PM   #378
Spike41615
Thumbs Must Hurt

PIN: 241BD9F4
Carrier: tmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys11 View Post
Buy a iPhone....
So anytime we use a theme other than the stock blackberry theme are we shaming our blackberrys?

If you don't like iphone themes, then don't read the fricken posts that clearly state what they are. My god. Whats wrong with making an iphone like theme. The iphone interface is very clean and nice looking. And with the power of a blackberry its a powerful combination. I know it doesnt appeal to everyone. And we can clearly see you dont like it. So why post meaningless posts that dont benefit anyone?
Old 02-03-2008, 05:53 PM   #379
Shaun
Retired BBF Moderator

garys11 - Apparently you are taking the iPhone v Blackberry comparison personal. The iPhone is one heck of a mobile device, but for most of us here, it doesn't meet or fill our needs, thus the decision to purchase a Blackberry. Does this mean that the iPhone UI design or the resulting Blackberry theme are not some of the nicest themes out there? No.

Of course if an iPhone ran away with your girl, or your kids call an iPhone dad, or an iPhone murdered your brother, I would better understand your tone.

bPhone is a great theme and is the only theme on my phone I didn't make myself.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #380
BryanHarig
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8900
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by garys11 View Post
Buy a iPhone....
Be sick of all the others. bPhone was one of the first "iPhone" themes and it is still the best. mrogers cant help all the other copycat "iphone" themes that popped up.
Closed Thread