Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #241
pshute
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9800
Carrier: Optus
Default Dumping formats

Please Login to Remove!

I've successfully used the .klm dumping format to display a track in Google Maps, but it isn't quite what I want.

I'd like to be able to identify each point, and to examine their coordinates, including elevation, and the time and velocity at each point. The dumped data only includes the coordinates and elevation, and I guess this is because the <linestring> tag used doesn't support anything else.

I'd like to experiment with creating my own kml files that do what I want. Would it be possible to include in a future release an option to dump *everything* in a simple CSV file?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:40 PM   #242
saua
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

Look at the .gpx file. It contains everything I record currently in a widely-known format, that you can easily convert to whatever you want. GPS Babel (google it) is one tool that converts to and from pretty much every widely used format that's available (including csv if you want).
Old 11-19-2007, 09:07 PM   #243
pshute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saua View Post
Look at the .gpx file. It contains everything I record currently in a widely-known format, that you can easily convert to whatever you want. GPS Babel (google it) is one tool that converts to and from pretty much every widely used format that's available (including csv if you want).
Thanks for anwering so quickly. I looked at the gpx file format and would be happy to use those, but I see no speeds. Here's a sample line:
<trkpt lat="-37.851257" lon="144.808734"><ele>27.0</ele><time>2007-11-02T04:38:14.600Z</time></trkpt>
Old 11-22-2007, 03:44 PM   #244
morningla

Model: 8310
Carrier: rogers
Default data

trying this sw now, will it conflict with is it similar to bb gps tracker?

Last edited by morningla; 11-22-2007 at 04:53 PM..
Old 11-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #245
techcrazy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000
Carrier: T MO

I spoke to some of the retailes and they confused me very much. I am looking to buy an Bluetooth GPS receiver and want to know if I need to pay for Telnev also. They told me that I need to spend $130 for GPS received and pay some amount to my service provider also.

Plz help

TechCrazy
" Please Let me know if you know more techniques"
Old 11-23-2007, 10:06 PM   #246
Spamdumpster
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8820
Carrier: at&t

techcrazy, your profile says you're on at&t. Is that correct? If yes, then you DON'T need to pay any extra a month to at&t to use GPS. Just get a bluetooth receiver and you'll be fine. Also $130 is way too much to pay IMO. Check here: "bluetooth gps" - Google Product Search
Old 11-24-2007, 01:57 AM   #247
MadDog_

PIN: Hang on. I'm looking for it!
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog_ View Post
I just installed my microSD card today, and in trying to change the track directory from Device Memory to my card, I got the following everytime I click on the trackball:

"The application bbTracker has attempted to open local content. Would you like to allow this?"

I love the simplicity and power of the program, but really find the multiple prompts over and over to be a nuisance.
I just solved this tonight.

Under Options > Security Options > Firewall, my firewall was disabled. By enabling it, I don't get the prompt at all.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:23 PM   #248
DaveInVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog_ View Post
I just solved this tonight.

Under Options > Security Options > Firewall, my firewall was disabled. By enabling it, I don't get the prompt at all.
Excellent! I just enabled my firewall as well. I got one message when starting bbTracker asking if I wanted to allow connections, I agreed, and now no further prompts .

Thanks,
Dave.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #249
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830
Carrier: Sprint

That's odd. Apparently bbtracker cannot track without connection to cell towers? I thought GPS was separate from cellphones?

If I turn off connection, then try to track it will crash with "task already scheduled or cancelled" error.

Googlemaps also couldn't locate me. In fact, nothing that needs gps will work when connection to phone network are off?
Old 11-26-2007, 01:29 AM   #250
MadDog_

PIN: Hang on. I'm looking for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInVA View Post
Excellent! I just enabled my firewall as well. I got one message when starting bbTracker asking if I wanted to allow connections, I agreed, and now no further prompts .

Thanks,
Dave.
You're welcome.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:03 PM   #251
pshute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iare Tosevite View Post
That's odd. Apparently bbtracker cannot track without connection to cell towers? I thought GPS was separate from cellphones?

If I turn off connection, then try to track it will crash with "task already scheduled or cancelled" error.

Googlemaps also couldn't locate me. In fact, nothing that needs gps will work when connection to phone network are off?
I can understand Google Maps not working, as it needs to fetch maps via the internet.

I just tried bbTracker with Mobile Network turned off, and it worked fine. Perhaps you had some other application running in the background that gave the error.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:10 PM   #252
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Thumbs down

I wasn't running anything other than aim and unclosable applications

Phone ( god this one is USELESS to me... )
Blackberry messenger
Home Screen
Aim
Messages ( mailbox )
Browser

So there is not really any program that would crash when bbtracker was accessing GPS?

Hmm I closed Aim and as a result, bbtracker doesn't crash anymore, but it still can't get any GPS data at all.

Last edited by Iare Tosevite; 11-26-2007 at 08:12 PM..
Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #253
pshute

Quote:
Hmm I closed Aim and as a result, bbtracker doesn't crash anymore, but it still can't get any GPS data at all.
What's Aim?

Have you tried going into Options/Advanced/GPS then refreshing the gps data? I don't know if it's a coincidence, but occasionally bbTracker just never starts tracking until I do that. It's like the GPS has frozen up.

I think it might happen if I start tracking indoors, then it never gets any data even if I go outdoors. I haven't really tested that enough to say its what causes it.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:43 PM   #254
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

Aol Instant Messager.

Strange. When I went there, it said that if Location setting are set to off, no program will be able to get GPS info, but it's set to on? What do mobile connection got to do with GPS setting?
Old 11-26-2007, 09:21 PM   #255
pshute

Quote:
Aol Instant Messager.

Strange. When I went there, it said that if Location setting are set to off, no program will be able to get GPS info, but it's set to on? What do mobile connection got to do with GPS setting?
I presume Instant Messenger needs internet access to do its thing. Perhaps it thinks that if it has no internet access it might as well disable the GPS. Who knows?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:41 AM   #256
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles

Quote:
Aol Instant Messager.

The CDMA devices need network coverage for the GPS to work. It's GPS with cell network augmentation. Just the way it is.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:52 AM   #257
pshute

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/122)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark
The CDMA devices need network coverage for the GPS to work. It's GPS with cell network augmentation. Just the way it is.
Mine's not CDMA, so that explains why mine can still work.

I wonder why they'd make CDMA GPSs like that? Seems a bit pointless.

Last edited by pshute; 11-27-2007 at 01:57 AM..
Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 AM   #258
Iare Tosevite
CrackBerry Addict

John, I need more info... I have 8830, and from what I read in here, it has both GPS and AGPS?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #259
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie

Sorry been away - any news on .5 yet?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:59 AM   #260
jleebiker
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default UTM coordinates and breadcrumbs for bbTracker?

LOVE bbTracker! I use it alot and love the fact that it's free and easy to use. I do have one request. Well 2 actually.
1) Ability to show coordinates in UTM coordinate system. I am on a Search and Rescue team and we use the UTM system alot. I have to convert from Lat/Long to UTM and back and forth. Here is a website I use to convert and maybe it can help you figure out how to implement it:
LON/LAT UTM converter

2) Navigating back along track. Would be nice if I could use the track that it is already creating to navigate backwards along the track. Kind of difficult now the way it stands. An arrow showing which way to head would be helpful.

GREAT APP THOUGH!!! I tell everyone that has an 8310 to get it! Thanks!
Closed Thread