Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 06:41 PM   #221
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

You download and install Google Maps. BBMaps is now service book controlled and ATT doesn't send BBMaps service books.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:44 PM   #222
egruber
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A

1. For BBmaps...that's what I was told when I got the Curve, but I downloaded and installed it from the Blackberry site and it worked fine. I went to the Blackbery site and it only shows bbmaps for os 4.2. There is no entry for 4.5. Do I need to go somewhere else?

2. Any idea where docs to go is? I thought it came with 4.5

3. How do I see HTML e-mail? I'm viewing my yahoo mail and it looks the same.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by egruber; 11-02-2008 at 07:09 PM..
Old 11-02-2008, 07:21 PM   #223
Jason Mark
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9xxx
Carrier: Rogers

Quote:
Originally Posted by egruber View Post
1. For BBmaps...that's what I was told when I got the Curve, but I downloaded and installed it from the Blackberry site and it worked fine. I went to the Blackbery site and it only shows bbmaps for os 4.2. There is no entry for 4.5. Do I need to go somewhere else?

2. Any idea where docs to go is? I thought it came with 4.5

3. How do I see HTML e-mail? I'm viewing my yahoo mail and it looks the same.

Thanks!!!
As JC said BBMaps is service book controlled so you won't get them. To get Docs2Go--> Plug in device>Open DM>Apploader>Add/Remove> and in the apploader screen tick the Docs2Go box.
For HTML emails go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>Menu>Register Now.
After that log into AT&T BIS Page and resend service books. Then go into an email box on the device>Menu>Options>Email Settings> and make sure Enable HTML is set to Yes.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #224
egruber
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8130

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to load docs2go now. I already did the registration and got the confirmation email. I don't have a logon to the BIS. Do I have to get one in order to get the service books?

I also checked my mail options and I don't have the HTML email selection showing.

Last edited by egruber; 11-02-2008 at 08:10 PM..
Old 11-03-2008, 02:04 AM   #225
Ron L
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9000

A little help.... I upgraded to the 4.5....and everything seems to be working fine but....When I try to run the sync...to get my calendar and address book with phone numbers and e-mail addresses...from my outlook....It comes up with the device is not connected...but other functions seem to work in the DM with my device....Can anyone tell me what I need to do???? I go to try and run the restore the file and it says that these need to be done wireless??? What can I do to solve this problem???
Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 AM   #226
susman

Model: 8310
Carrier: vodafone uk
Cool i would like to upgrade but...

first things first.
hello my name is david and i work for a large company. i have just registered to the forum and would like, first of all, to say hello.

I have just received the bb 8310 and its avery nice piece of equipment. as my main field is technology and im a tech fan i checked the os and noted that its rather old. this is what i gathered with the settings>about info:

v.4.2.2.146 (platform 2.5.0.16).

i visited the bb official site and downloaded the mutli language os upgrade. i then launched desktop manager but i didnt start the upgrade because i received a message like: attention you will be required to activate your device, or something similar. so, i called our intrnal department and i was told that the device was activated for BES with the firmware as above and upgrading it will erase (?) the device from the BES server and require a new activation. I really would like to upgrade to the new os but without getting into trouble. Is it really how i was told? can someone with good knowledge give me clear indication of what is going on and if its possible to upgrade the 8310 without stumbling in..corporate risks , please?
Old 11-03-2008, 12:53 PM   #227
datboi305
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

my friend just bought an att curve 8310 anbd he want to put 4.5 software on it we downloaded the software but desktop manager wont read the bb at all. and when i click app loader and update it says doesnt have a software update available. btw im running 4.2..2.170. what is going on with my bb ?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #228
datboi305
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9700
PIN: 216e8182
Carrier: tmobile

nevermind i figured it out i forgot to delete the vendor file silly me lol
Old 11-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #229
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by susman View Post
f so, i called our intrnal department and i was told that the device was activated for BES with the firmware as above and upgrading it will erase (?) the device from the BES server and require a new activation. I really would like to upgrade to the new os but without getting into trouble. Is it really how i was told? can someone with good knowledge give me clear indication of what is going on and if its possible to upgrade the 8310 without stumbling in..corporate risks , please?
Yes, you will be required to get a new activation on the BES once upgraded. Sometimes it is automatic, or you may be required to enter a new password.

It is really not all that big of a deal, but if your BES is not willing to support the upgrade, you cannot. It is really their call.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:33 PM   #230
esabb

Model: 8300
Carrier: Itisalat
Exclamation does OS 4.5 works for 8300

I believe this version is for 8310. Mine is 8300; does this work for me. Please let me know.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:37 PM   #231
kgambino
Thumbs Must Hurt

Default OS4.5 Problem with ATT GSM

I downloaded OS 4.5 for my att 8310. It was working fine until I added sms and mms to my plan. I find I cannot receive mms messages. The tech support at ATT said it is because in my set up/options/SMS Text, the phone should have an option for GSM for "Network To Send Over". My only choices are "CS", "CS Preferred", "PS" and "PS" PReferred. When I go to the ATT site, the only download offered is 4.2. That version was installed on my BB at purchase. Is there a way I can download or copy/paste the GSM files for my bb? Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated. I hate to go back to 4.2. I love everything about 4.5....until this ONE glitch.
Thanks for listening. I hope I have given you enough info to understand my problem.

Karen
Old 11-04-2008, 12:25 AM   #232
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by esabb View Post
I believe this version is for 8310. Mine is 8300; does this work for me.
NO. Read the first post in this thread again and it very very clearly states exactly which model this OS is designed for.

You need this: http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...languages.html
Old 11-04-2008, 12:27 AM   #233
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Use CS Preferred.

Make sure you have a Data Plan on your account for MMS messaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgambino View Post
\ My only choices are "CS", "CS Preferred", "PS" and "PS" PReferred.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:35 AM   #234
IBGPN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Do I have to have a SD Card in my Blackberry for this to work? Sorry for the dumb question, but I just got this one a couple of days ago, so I am brand new to this. TIA.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #235
Ron L
Knows Where the Search Button Is

I figured it out and everything is working fine now!!
Old 11-04-2008, 04:14 PM   #236
IBGPN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBGPN View Post
Do I have to have a SD Card in my Blackberry for this to work? Sorry for the dumb question, but I just got this one a couple of days ago, so I am brand new to this. TIA.
Worked great! A big thank you,very easy to do if you follow the guide. Thanks a million.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #237
IBGPN
Thumbs Must Hurt

Do I need to re pin my Blackberry Messenger people? I tried messaging one and she messaged me back to no avail. Thanks again.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #238
kgambino
Thumbs Must Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
Use CS Preferred.

Make sure you have a Data Plan on your account for MMS messaging.
I don't have one, but according to tech support at ATT, I don't need one. We compared Options/SMS Text. She said mine should say "GSM", and that is what I need. But no matter what I do, I cannot get that file. I tried going back to 4.2 and it still wasn't there. Where am I going wrong? My hubby can receive pics with his podunk Samsung with no data plan. Go figure! If anyone has any other ideas, I am open. Can I find that file in a lower version and copy it into 4.5? Oh, and after I redownloaded, I had no preloaded pics or color file icons. Since this download, I still have no preloaded pics, but I do have color icons....perfect! I would rather have 4.5 with no mms downloads than 4.2 with. In an ideal world I could have both...retired, can't afford the extra $30 for data plan.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:43 PM   #239
03Mach1

Model: 8110

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgambino View Post
I don't have one, but according to tech support at ATT, I don't need one. We compared Options/SMS Text. She said mine should say "GSM", and that is what I need. But no matter what I do, I cannot get that file. I tried going back to 4.2 and it still wasn't there. Where am I going wrong? My hubby can receive pics with his podunk Samsung with no data plan. Go figure! If anyone has any other ideas, I am open. Can I find that file in a lower version and copy it into 4.5? Oh, and after I redownloaded, I had no preloaded pics or color file icons. Since this download, I still have no preloaded pics, but I do have color icons....perfect! I would rather have 4.5 with no mms downloads than 4.2 with. In an ideal world I could have both...retired, can't afford the extra $30 for data plan.
If you figure this out please tell me!! This is what's holding me back from the update. I really want 4.5, it's so silly that the video won't work on the older OS.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:53 PM   #240
chansopheak

Model: curve
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mark View Post
Plug in device>Open DM>Help>About>Device Software Tab and what does it list for Device OS? Also, check for the vendor XML file one more time. A re-boot of the computer helps as well.
Hey Jason, hope you can help me out..

under the Software tab, it lists: V4.5.0.81 (Platform 2.7.0.78) for the Blackberry 8310 Smartphone

i've tried rebooting both the pc and bb...deleted the vendor file...using DM 4.6 and obviously ran the new OS...everything i open DM, i received no prompt for upgrade...i've followed the exact same steps as OP...i first plugged in the Curve, waited until the pc sees the phone, and then open DM...its checks for application and then nothing happens, i just see main menu...PLEASE HELP...thank you

right now, i'm on V4.2.2.170 (Platform 2.5.0.30)
Closed Thread