Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 05:22 PM   #201
barjohn
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 8700
Carrier: AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

Thought I would post this quick note:
I Received my HP 6510 Thursday and today I got to conduct my first test using the Plantronics V510, M3000 and FlaminGO headsets. Both people I called noted how much clearer and better the sound was compared to when paired with the 7100t. It is also much cleaner on my end. The M3000 won out on best sound quality although they were hard pressed to tell the difference between it and the V510. Th Flamingo was still good, just not as good. Where as they couldn't even tell I was on a headset with the two Plantronics, they noted that the Flamingo had a slight speakerphone sound to it like I was some distance from the mic. Not withstanding that, they said there was no comparison to before. The HP does support Bluetooth 1.2 which may account for some of the difference and the rest is just the difference in radios and amplifiers between the two. I will have a more extensive review coming up on my web sit next week.

For more information see barJohn Reviews It
Active PIN 203A5535
Old 08-03-2005, 06:16 AM   #202
Micro_Racer

Model: 7250
Default Motorola HS810

Hello all -- I am new to the Blackberry -- just got it last Friday. I have the RIM 7250 on the Sprint network. I found using the Blackberry as a phone to be very unconfertable. I got the Motorola HS810, and LOVE it. I would recomend this to anyone! It's light, great sound quality, and easy to use.
Old 08-03-2005, 09:41 PM   #203
Crank_It_Up

Model: 7520
Carrier: Nextel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Well I got my scala 500 in the mail on wed charged it up put it into use today! So far I love this thing man. Works Flawless. Best part is it works with Nextel DC. Sound is the greatest very light weight, fits comfortably on my Fat head. Have worn on the job site all day and forgot its there. So far no issue for me at all was easy to pair up.

Thanks to Dawg and a few others, I too purchased the Cardo Scala 500, and used it today for the first time. So far, no complaints.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:20 AM   #204
cap1usmc

Model: 7250

THE HS850 IS GREAT WITH THE 7250 i love it!!!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:36 AM   #205
yrboij

Model: 7520

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1usmc
THE HS850 IS GREAT WITH THE 7250 i love it!!!!!
I agree. After having a Cardo Scala and SE, I must say, the Moto was worth the price.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #206
ufkal
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9530
Carrier: verizion
Default Voyager 510

Just wanted to say I bought the Voyager 510 based on the reviews here. I am using the 7100t on TMO. I was really stoked to get it. Now that I have it, I'm experiencing a few problems that I'm sure are user error. 1.) The headset does not stay connected to my phone. 2.) I have a connection between my headset and phone, even have the icons showing it, but when I dial or answer a call, the headset isn't working. 3.) There is a small (1 or 2 sec's) delay when I do actually have a solid connection between devices before the headset activates.

Having said that, I like how it fits, and the sound is quite good. I usually have a hard time hearing when wearing a headset, but this...this is grand. My wife commented that she couldn't tell I was on the headset until I asked how the sound was.

Thanks for all the great reviews.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:03 PM   #207
barjohn

I'm not usre which version of firmware you have on your 7100t but I have never experienced the problems you are describing. I have also been testing it on the new HP IPAQ HW 6510 and it is even more amazing on it. (It is a Bluetooth 1.2 device). It is so quiet when you are not on a call (you hear nothing in the background no matter what the volume setting, no hiss or anything) that you think the unit is dead. I just wish it was packaged in the Flamingo's package which is the easiest and most discrete if you wear glasses. Without glasses the V510 is a top performer.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 08-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #208
fliedlice
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8700G
Carrier: T-Mobile

Those of you that purchased the Scala 500..where did you purchase it from? I am finding it on Amazon brand new for $37+ shipping but was interested to see if anyone got it cheaper...
Old 08-11-2005, 09:15 PM   #209
SUFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Cingular

I just received the Scala 500 but have nothing to compare it with. Does anyone have any insight on the differences between the Scala and Motorola 850?

The Scala is nice and small but I still look like a dork with it on. I think through practice I could put it on and off easily but for now being a new user its a pain. I am not sure I am a good candidate for a BT head set. I also find myself constantly adjusting its position in order to hear the caller.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:37 AM   #210
xsw

Model: 7100g

I have the same back ground noise problem as well. I am on my THIRD 7100g (yes cingular). I think it makes no difference, because it's not related to the network.

For those of you who say that they have never experienced the problem, do this: Drive in your car at about 40MPH w/ the windows rolled up, radio off, and fan low. Call your home/office voicemail and don't say much. You will hear a TREMENDOUS amount of background noise! This is what everyone hears when they talk to you. I did something further. On the same stretch of road, I left myself another voicemail from my cheap (FREE), 2 year old Nokia phone on Cingular. Same driving conditions, and it was so quiet that my voicemail would hang up because it thinks I am done leaving a message. This occurs w/ or w/o the headset.

This is the WORST cell phone I've ever had as well, and I've had cell phones since the TRANSPORTABLE (cell phone in a suit case) cell phone days! If we all complain to RIM, perhaps somebody will do something about it. I can't believe this is their new flagship product.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:31 AM   #211
barjohn

You are experiencing exactly the same thing I have found. I have been testing Bluetooth headsets (my top three) with the HP IPAQ HW6510 and there is no comparison. First, the headset is so quiet you think the phone must be off, then clarity of calls is far superior.

I was on travel for a week and then my Internet service went down (long sad story on SBC) so I am a little behind in some of my reviews. I will be posting new info on my site in the next few days.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 08-18-2005, 07:54 PM   #212
SUFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

I compared the Scala 500 with the Motorola HS850 on a Cingular 7290 and 7100g. The Motorola sucked big time. In fact, for $100 I have to believe that it is a defective unit. People on the other end said I sounded "muffled" and asked what the hell I was talking on. I like the Scala but wanted to compare it to something else. It seems all blue tooth head sets are hard to hear in noisy environments. I ordered the "optional" cone for the Scala to see if it amplfies the sound and I am going to exchange the Motorola for another unit as I can't believe a $100 head set would work so poorly.
Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 PM   #213
coral

Model: 8700c

I have the Tekkeon for some weeks. Soundquality is 7 out of 10, I would say. The earhook broke twice in those 4 weeks. Flimsy stuff. Yet, the service is great. First time they sent me 2 new hooks, second time they sent me a brand new unit. That thing is light, yes, but too heavy to stay in your ear without a hook. Volume-multi-function-buttons are too samll, to really take advantage of features like mute etc. Battery could have more capacity.
Old 08-19-2005, 07:29 AM   #214
Kriz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

I have a 7520..currently have the Jabra I think 250 BT headset...gonna make the move to the HS850...unless someone tells me not to jump!
Old 08-19-2005, 10:11 AM   #215
barjohn

It's your money so jump if you want to. I however, would seek another alternative

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 08-19-2005, 10:27 AM   #216
Kriz
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9000

So you like the Tekkeon ET2000? I read your reviews..but overall and under $100 for a 7520 what you reccomend?
Old 08-19-2005, 10:55 AM   #217
barjohn

I had the same concerns expressed by coral about the solidness of the build. Otherwise it was a good sounding unit. It isn't among my top three recommendations but it might make a fourth. I still have others to test before I can say. My only point is that the HS850 has been a problem for many users including me. Therefore, I would recommend you look at something else. I have not tested the Jabra 250 so I can't comment on it. However, i find Jabra's customer/technical support to be a cruel joke and would not recommend them because of that issue alone.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 08-21-2005, 01:42 PM   #218
SUFan
Thumbs Must Hurt

Well I got a replacement HS 850 thinking the first one was defective. It still stinks. Guess we will recommend our users go with the Scala. We are waiting for Cardo to send us "optional" silicone inserts that supposedly amplify the sound in noisy environments. Very disappointed in the sound quality of BT headsets although the Jeep Uconnect system works great in the car.
Old 08-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #219
barjohn

I and other have been trying to warn you that the HS850 does not work well with these phones. The audio on the BB's is just not on par with that available from other handsets whether using the earpiece or Bluetooth. When I compare the difference in sound quality for the same headsets between the BB7100t and the HP IPAQ HW6510...well there isn't any fair compairison. The HW6510 just blows it away. First, there is absolute silence when you are not connected to a call, no noise, snaps, crackles nothing! When connected on a call the volume is very loud (you must turn it down; however you can't control it from the device) and noise free. No crackles, static, snaps or other strange noises. However, the HW6510 does fall down when used with the Lexus Bluetooth system as it makes a loud screetching noise when a call is connecting and does not send the signal strength data to the car unit. After the call connects it goes away and works fine without the signal strength showing.

Active PIN 203A5535
Old 08-21-2005, 03:42 PM   #220
fireman
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9530
Carrier: VZW

John,
I have a quick question in regards to the FlaminGo and a BB7250. Have you tried this combination yet and would you suggest it for my BB7250 on VZW?
Thanks in advance for the advice and the excellent work on the BT threads!
Closed Thread