BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 01:57 PM   #1
mystjava

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint
Question Antenna Booster/Repeater

Please Login to Remove!

I am running into difficultites with our antenna booster and repeater. I am wondering if there are any that will work with BB 7290? My provider is TMobile while my dh is cingular. We have no problem getting cingular here, but it is tough to get even one bar unless I stand in a certain space where we live. I was wondering if it is possible to configure or improvise on a simple antenna booster.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
paulbblc
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: ip 3g
PIN: 8675309
Carrier: AT&T

A very interesting idea. I'm sure there would be away much like you would use a repeater for WIFI. I'm not sure how hard it would be to transmit the frequencies that GSM runs off of though.

Maybe do a google search to see if anyone has done this successfully first.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:16 PM   #3
mystjava

Model: 8330
Carrier: Sprint

I will include a link that will describe the "antenna booster and repeater." It is posted on the bottom of the following page: www dot deafpagers dot com
/acceessories/special.html (period). I had to break it up since I am unable to post URL's. (The following is a descripition of what I currently have at the moment)
==============
The external Car Mount Antenna Booster and Repeater is an advanced signal reception enhancer for your wireless phone. This product works with ANY wireless cell phone. The external Antenna Booster and Repeater does not require any direct cable connection to your wireless phone because it comes with a wireless sensor box that will pick up your signal and boost your reception to the repeater (which also comes with the product). Installation is very simple. Place the antenna on the back windshield of your car on the outside glass and then place the sensor box anywhere in the inside of your car located within 4 feet from the antenna. The antenna and sensor box have an adhesive on the bottom of the item which will firmly attach itself in area you install. Specs: UT-903 1.5dBi, 900MHz Editorial Review: When I first got my hands on the external CAR MOUNT ANTENNA BOOSTER AND REPEATER, I was able to install it within 5 minutes. After installing the product, I tested the booster the whole day while I was on my daily routine drive and came to conclude that this product made a huge difference in improving reception in many of the areas in which my calls use to drop. The first location which I tested the external antenna was on the 2 Freeway, located in Glendale, CA. 75% of the time in this area, my calls would get dropped or have so much static that I would be forced to hang up and call the person again. This time around using the external antenna, my call was started from work to home and did not drop once. When I was driving through the usual dead zone (in between two hills), my reception meter actually increased two bars without letting me loose the call. Another area I tested the external antenna was in the 4th floor of my parking lot at work. The parking lot structure is very massive and well built where even my FM radio has problems getting out the right signal. Using the Car Mount Antenna Booster, I was able to retain 1 to 1 1/2 bars where I would normally get ZERO bars on my cell phone. When I tested this product in areas in which I was already getting 3 to 4 bars on my cell phone (downtown Los Angeles), I didnxxx8217;t see any difference in the quality of the call because I was already located in a place with good reception. Another place I tested the external antenna at was our community tennis courts on top of the hill about 5 minutes from my home. My reception was great until I hit the top of the hill, where the signal on my phone completely died. If you are looking for a reception boosting solution for when you are not making phone calls from inside you car, the regular antenna booster sticker that is applied to the back of your battery would be a good purchase. Another thing I wanted to note was that the Car Mount Antenna Booster and Repeater not only worked when I was using my wireless phone, but it also made a difference in reception for a passenger who was also using their service in my car. This is due to the fact that the sensor box is wireless and does not connect to just one cell phone but to all cell phones in the 5 foot radius of where it is placed. Overall, for the price and functionally of this product, I would recommend it to anyone with a cell phone. The product has a simple and effective concept that will make your cell phone experience a much better one.

===================
There are two photos that includes in it. When I had gotten mine, the "wires" in side the larger box were broken and had to be attached. It doesn't work - which is why I am asking the above question in my initial inquiry.
Closed Thread