BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 04:24 PM   #41
mikejb
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

Please Login to Remove!

I have two accounts and they both average about $125 to $150 dollars a month, with two existing 6750's and they were not willing to give me the credits because I was an existing customer. He was willing to give me $50 credit, that was it. So, yes it is so Bell Mobility. I have not had a hardware upgrade on the primary account in almost two years.
I was definitly not in the mood to try and get more credits out of the guy.

On another note, can someone tell me about the 50/1000 data deal?
Old 02-19-2005, 08:22 PM   #42
robbym
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: Torch
Carrier: Virgin
Default Bell vs Rogers Service

I have found that at some downtown Bellworld locations the store guys can be unpleasant but customer service is a separate entity and has usually been very good to me mostly giving me what I've asked for. Have you tried to speak with different people? Every organization has its bad apples, the odd time someone has given me a hard time I just hang up or walk away and speak with someone different to achieve a better result. I also make notes on the more helpful people and refer to them again when I need them. However, if you're fed up I understand you don't want to try anymore. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.
My point originally was that with some relationship building effort and a spending commitment Bell will work with you whereas Rogers doesn't care to build friendly working relationships with customers regardless of efforts taken or money available.

Have you ever seen David Spades' "No" commercial? I think he's working for Rogers there.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:45 AM   #43
p_dizzo
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830
Carrier: BM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejb
I have two accounts and they both average about $125 to $150 dollars a month, with two existing 6750's and they were not willing to give me the credits because I was an existing customer. He was willing to give me $50 credit, that was it. So, yes it is so Bell Mobility. I have not had a hardware upgrade on the primary account in almost two years.
I was definitly not in the mood to try and get more credits out of the guy.

On another note, can someone tell me about the 50/1000 data deal?
by the sounds of it, the prime deserves a hardware upgrade, which will work in two ways at a Bell store:

1)if you're on a consumer plan, you pay the full price up front "minus" $100 if you renew with data plan on a voice plan for at least 12 months.., and get the respective mail in bill credit of $125 or $150 on a 2 or 3 year renewal.. which works to a net price of $324 or $299 on a 2 or 3 yr renewal..

2)if you're on a corporate plan, you pay the in-store-price reduced price of $399 on a 3 yr renewal or $424 on a 2 yr renewal, and also get another $100 off in store if you sign a data plan onto your voice plan for at least 12 months... which works to be in-store price of $324 or $299 on a 2 or 3 yr renewal..

a pretty good deal either way if you ask me.. and if some cs rep offered you $50 bill credit.. well, i think you're all set..

as for your second account, if it has not been 18 months since last hardware rebate, then i can see why they will not do much.. but for your prime, you shouldn't even have to deal with a CS rep.. just go into a Bell store..

hope this helps..
Closed Thread