Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 09:53 AM   #1
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile UK
Default Zen theme - AARRG!!

Please Login to Remove!

Just realised it separates Email from MMS/SMS messages so they're no longer integrated in the same 'mail' view. Also this costs an extra icon.

Anyone know how/if this can be changed (without just avoiding use of the Zen theme)?

W
Old 03-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #2
Seattle18
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Curve
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly
Just realised it separates Email from MMS/SMS messages so they're no longer integrated in the same 'mail' view. Also this costs an extra icon.

Anyone know how/if this can be changed (without just avoiding use of the Zen theme)?

W
It can't be. Most users consider this a plus, why do you dislike the idea?
Old 03-21-2006, 11:02 AM   #3
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

One of the main benefits to me of the RIM approach is convergence. I don't care HOW people want to communicate with me (voice, SMS, MMS, email) and the idea that all messages (of any type) can simply be listed in one linear "audit trail" by time is one of the great differences between a BB and other devices. You CAN view by message bearer type (by selecting to view a specific folder) but the consolidated linear view is always there.

In a WM5 device, for example, you wind up with a horrible "tree" of folders for MMS, SMS, each email account, exchange folders, etc etc. It's a nightmare just to find a message, as you first have to decide what technology/account was used to send it - which is just stupid IMHO.

I guess I don't "get it" why messaging has to be arbirality split up separating those with whom you communicate via MMS/SMS and everything else. What's the point - it just seems to be forcing me to think about one more thing I didn't have to previously/with other themes? Shame...

W

Last edited by wibbly; 03-21-2006 at 11:04 AM..
Old 03-21-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
johnfromphilly
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9800
PIN: eapple and ham pizza is good
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly
One of the main benefits to me of the RIM approach is convergence. I don't care HOW people want to communicate with me (voice, SMS, MMS, email) and the idea that all messages (of any type) can simply be listed in one linear "audit trail" by time is one of the great differences between a BB and other devices. You CAN view by message bearer type (by selecting to view a specific folder) but the consolidated linear view is always there.

In a WM5 device, for example, you wind up with a horrible "tree" of folders for MMS, SMS, each email account, exchange folders, etc etc. It's a nightmare just to find a message, as you first have to decide what technology/account was used to send it - which is just stupid IMHO.

I guess I don't "get it" why messaging has to be arbirality split up separating those with whom you communicate via MMS/SMS and everything else. What's the point - it just seems to be forcing me to think about one more thing I didn't have to previously/with other themes? Shame...

W
If it is that important to you then pick a different theme. It is theme specific to Zen and if you do not like it- do not use it.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
wibbly
CrackBerry Addict

Indeed, hence my original question - as the Zen theme is nice in other respects (for me), and would in other respects like to use it. I got the answer it's not configurable, and just answered the follow-up question as to why I was asking

W
Old 03-21-2006, 12:15 PM   #6
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T

Answer is easy although you still have separation. View your Searches. For me Alt-M brings up SMS only. Even from the message list you will get only your SMS's. You can also enable one of your two convenience keys to bring up the list for you, depending on how great your need is.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:44 PM   #7
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

I love shortcuts....I wish I could hide all icons on the Zen theme...except the BB Button in the lower right hand corner....that would be dy-no-myte!!

Even if you hide them all....the first ones in the list still show on the home page.

Old 03-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #8
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

You know what would really be DY-NO-MYTE is if the theme looked like this:

Zen theme with only two icons on the home screen, the profile icon on the lower left and only one icon from the list on the top right. Then when you move your trackwheel it toggels the available applications instead of scrolling down. That would be super nice and clean too
Old 03-21-2006, 12:56 PM   #9
justin.culp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: SOLD
Carrier: at&t

I could not agree more....love my full screen pic the I got from Seattle18....http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...829wallaug.jpg

LORDY!!!!

Would look friggin' sweet with in icons...or at most the two icons we could live with.

Closed Thread