BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
nada99

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Vodafone
Default OTA contacts sync config for roaming Lotus Notes users...

Please Login to Remove!

Domino: 8.5.x
Lotus Notes Client: 8.5
BES: 5.0.2

I'm currently trying to pilot Contacts synchronisation on our BES server with my BB Torch 9800.

We have roaming notes users on our estate.

In the organiser data sync field, on BES, what information should be contained in the Location server and relative path fields?

Mail files are on a mail server, roaming data are on a share(vm) and BES is obviously separate as well.

I'm assuming its to point to roaming names.nsf file after reading KBs online can this feature still work when that info is on a share? I have no idea whether canonical format comes in to play at all here, or if it does where I begin?

I'd appreciate any pointers.

When we update the fields with the standard path to the names.nsf file on the share in non-canonical format we get the wireless sync options momentarily on the device then they disappear. CNFG shows wireless sync is active at all times.

Does the BES server being in LocalDomainServers with appropriate access suffice to access the share or does the BESAdmin service require its own access to the roaming data folder? Or am I way off

Policy is not disabling any related features.

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
x14
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: OTA contacts sync config for roaming Lotus Notes users...

The users' names.nsf has to be accessible by BES. Having them on a file share will not work. You will need to do 1 of these.

1. Rep the personal names.nsf to a Domino server and point BES to this location.
2. Sync the contact into the mail file. See IBM Lotus Domino and Notes Information Center
Old 06-16-2011, 04:28 AM   #3
nada99

Lotus Notes clients have no problem using file shares.

I was hoping I could force BES or even just the BES service to use just a single folder on a file share, even if it is manually per BB user, for data continuity/integrity rather than have duplicates or unnecessary replication schedules.

Nightmare.

Cheers for your feedback.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
nada99

After some further testing I can have the files on a share and just have to tell the Organiser data settings to point to my mail file only, not names.nsf, and bidirectional syncing is working a treat.
Closed Thread