Old 03-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
Stinsonddog
BBF Moderator

Model: 9700
PIN: Agaboobie
Carrier: AT&T
Default Telenav Announces "On My Way"

Please Login to Remove!

New Mobile App Helps Drivers Keep Focused on the Road by Automatically and Safely Notifying Contacts When They Will Arrive
OnMyWay™ from TeleNav alerts contacts of changes to driver’s ETA
based on GPS location
Sunnyvale, Calif. – March 22, 2010 – TeleNav, one of the largest global wireless navigation services providers with more than 13 million subscribers, today announced a new location-based mobile application called OnMyWay. OnMyWay is a simple-to-use notification application that automatically alerts a pre-determined person or group of people of the sender’s trip status and estimated time of arrival (ETA). Drivers can quickly set an OnMyWay notification prior to getting on the road and the application will automatically send travel time updates based on location to designated contacts via text and/or e-mail.

A recent Ford Motor Co. study concluded that manually dialing a mobile device while driving was almost 2.8 times riskier than normal driving1. More so, the Virginia Tech Transportation Institute (VTTI) found that those who text while driving are 23 times more likely to get into an accident than that of a driver paying full attention to the road2.

“With increasingly busy lives and growing traffic problems, many Americans struggle to be anywhere on time. Whether you’re going to an important meeting across town or having dinner with friends, things happen that cause people to run late,” said HP Jin, president, CEO and co-founder of TeleNav. “We want to make ETA updates safe and easy.”

To create an OnMyWay notification, a user inputs a destination, enters a scheduled appointment time, selects or enters one or more phone numbers or e-mail addresses to send alerts to, and then hits start. The user’s address book is automatically integrated into the application to simplify information input. In addition, the sender has the option to attach a personal message to each notification.

The application automatically notifies recipients of the sender’s ETA by text or e-mail so the user can focus on driving. OnMyWay delivers an initial notification alerting the receiver when the driver has started his/her trip and includes an anticipated ETA based on GPS location. Following the initial alert, up to three additional status messages might be automatically sent based on the sender’s preferences. Additional alerts sent to the recipient include notification if the sender will be late for the appointment (with a new ETA), when the person is a pre-determined time (in minutes) away from the destination, and one minute from arriving. OnMyWay does not share the user’s specific location in any of the notifications.

“OnMyWay allows me to keep my wife automatically updated when I’m on the road. It’s especially helpful if I’m running late for dinner,” continued Jin. “This is a product that has daily relevance for most Americans.”

OnMyWay is a free application and is available immediately on BlackBerry App World™. The standalone application works on all four major U.S. carrier networks and supports the BlackBerry® Curve™ 8310, BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530, BlackBerry® 8800, BlackBerry® 8820, BlackBerry® Curve™ 8900, BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000, BlackBerry® Tour™ 9630 and BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphones. Standard text messaging and data usage fees apply. To download OnMyWay or other TeleNav products to your BlackBerry® smartphone, please visit BlackBerry App World (www.blackberry.com/appworld).
Old 03-25-2010, 02:00 AM   #2
Flyeboy
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9500
PIN: 2OD3F5CE
Carrier: Vodacom
Red face On my way

Is there no OTA link as this is not available in South Africa on the App world.

Please.
Flye