Old 02-25-2009, 05:32 PM   #1
PHLAK
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default New Copy/Paste/Edit function coming to the Storm

Please Login to Remove!

For those that missed it, BlackBerryNews.com has an article about the new Cpy/Paste and editing functionality coming to the Storm. I'm excited!

http://www.blackberrynews.com/2009/0...ion-for-storm/

My BlackBerry Storm Wallpapers
Old 02-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #2
adorkable

PIN: Ask.

I haven't had much a problem with the current copy/paste feature, but that definitely looks like it will be easier to use. What bugs me is that it seems like some applications don't work with the copy/paste feature at all, such as Twitterberry.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:40 AM   #3
casmer

Carrier: ATT

Besides the edge/EDGE issue, this has been one of the things that has bugged me the most. Maybe it is because I have fat fingers, but getting the cursor back to a spot to edit the text has been a major pain in the ass. The cursor doesn't seem to move very far and it was hard to get to the exact spot. This looks like it will help a lot!
Old 02-26-2009, 03:54 AM   #4
PHLAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkable View Post
I haven't had much a problem with the current copy/paste feature, but that definitely looks like it will be easier to use. What bugs me is that it seems like some applications don't work with the copy/paste feature at all, such as Twitterberry.
To copy text from TwitterBerry, open the Tweet you would like to copy from and hit the BB/Menu key. From there choose the "Select" option and place one finger at the start of what you want to select and one at the end of what you want to select.

Enjoy!

Old 02-26-2009, 08:27 AM   #5
jhalpinjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: verizon

This is good news. I watched the video....still seems a little buggy, but much better than today's.

I have my Hover set to 100...I would think this would be the best setting to highlight and move the cursor???
Old 02-26-2009, 08:29 AM   #6
adorkable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHLAK View Post
To copy text from TwitterBerry, open the Tweet you would like to copy from and hit the BB/Menu key. From there choose the "Select" option and place one finger at the start of what you want to select and one at the end of what you want to select.

Enjoy!
I'm not trying to copy and paste from tweets. I'm talking about while I'm typing one out. If I notice a mistake at the very beginning, I can't hold my finger and wait for the black box. It never shows up. I can hold two fingers on either side of the mistake to highlight it and then delete it, but after correcting the mistake, it's nearly impossible to get the cursor back to the end again without having to to try and highlight the last bit of text. And, if I do that, it seems like the only way to get back to a regular cursor is to delete the highlighted text at the end and then retype it. In the end, just hitting backspace until I get to the mistake and then retyping everything is less of a hassle.

Now of course, I have no problem editing text in other applications, especially the native ones.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
XelhaBB
CrackBerry Addict

PIN: Ask

I guess I am just weird but I have never had the need for "cut and paste" on my Storm. Maybe its my giant mitts but typing alone on the Storm took a bit of mastering and dexterity which I develop via repetition.

For me, the notion of "cut and paste" involves authoring professional documents - something I would NEVER do from a Blackberry. Other than for SMS / IM communication, I use my email access for read only.

I am curious, does anyone here find the "cut and paste" option to be necessary or indispensible?

Verizon 9530
Old 02-26-2009, 10:01 AM   #8
jhalpinjr
Thumbs Must Hurt

Carrier: verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelhaBB View Post
I guess I am just weird but I have never had the need for "cut and paste" on my Storm. Maybe its my giant mitts but typing alone on the Storm took a bit of mastering and dexterity which I develop via repetition.

For me, the notion of "cut and paste" involves authoring professional documents - something I would NEVER do from a Blackberry. Other than for SMS / IM communication, I use my email access for read only.

I am curious, does anyone here find the "cut and paste" option to be necessary or indispensible?
I don't find it necessary or indispensable, however, if its included it should work adequately. I enjoy the Storm and beside the occasional battery pull believe the base line for a great PDA is there. Just some more tweaks are needed!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #9
PHLAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorkable View Post
I'm not trying to copy and paste from tweets. I'm talking about while I'm typing one out. If I notice a mistake at the very beginning, I can't hold my finger and wait for the black box. It never shows up. I can hold two fingers on either side of the mistake to highlight it and then delete it, but after correcting the mistake, it's nearly impossible to get the cursor back to the end again without having to to try and highlight the last bit of text. And, if I do that, it seems like the only way to get back to a regular cursor is to delete the highlighted text at the end and then retype it. In the end, just hitting backspace until I get to the mistake and then retyping everything is less of a hassle.

Now of course, I have no problem editing text in other applications, especially the native ones.
I see what you're saying now, however, you CAN get the black box while editing a tweet. However, you must hover your finger above text, it will not work if you hover it above white space... pretty lame.

Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 PM   #10
adorkable

WTF? That is lame. I'm glad I can finally edit while typing tweets now, though. Thanks!
Closed Thread