Old 10-03-2007, 07:44 PM   #1
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Model: 850
PIN: kie swear
Carrier: USPS Priority
Default Rant: I hate this!!!!

Please Login to Remove!

Why did RIM have to make a device with Wi-Fi / UMA and then why on earth would T-Mobile release 2 routers that work with it right out of the box??? I have had it with things that just work....

I want to spend hours trying to configure my newtork, hack my router, and why on earth does this NOT work on my C64?????

Sorry, my avatar made me do it....
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #2
juwaack68
iPhone Convert

Model: iP5
PIN: to beans
Carrier: I'm not

You sound like that Cingular commercial where the mom and daughter are fighting, but actually saying nice things to each other.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Hahahaha...
Old 10-03-2007, 07:52 PM   #4
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Model: 5S
PIN: & Teller
Carrier: Verizon
Default Survival

Simple answer, they see the iPhony and it's perceived ease of use as a target. RIM is going after the non-business, non-techie part of the market and things that require any intelligence to use is not part of the equation.

One of the other threads today has someone returning a BlackBerry that he could not get to work. This is not something RIM needs if they are going to compete with the iPhony and survive.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:56 PM   #5
Malkier
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8310
Carrier: ALL

What do you mean it doesn't work with the C64??? I was going to get one until now

I can understand people being frustrated that they cant get wifi to work with the router they have, but considering that practically every router is different, there will always be times that it just wont work. Goes for a lot of electrical devices/gadgets, not everything is or can be compatible.
Old 10-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #6
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBOLTRAM View Post
Simple answer, they see the iPhony and it's perceived ease of use as a target. RIM is going after the non-business, non-techie part of the market and things that require any intelligence to use is not part of the equation.

One of the other threads today has someone returning a BlackBerry that he could not get to work. This is not something RIM needs if they are going to compete with the iPhony and survive.
I agree BUT.... It does not take a rocket scientist to pay $50 for a router that has a $50 rebate and this / these free router(s) are proven to work and are even non-rocket-scientist fool proof......

It just makes me laugh when people rant, rave, cry, whine, and complain that something does not work... You later find out they were either to stubborn to get the free router or that they were trying to use it on a C64 Test Pilot...

Common sense and research could solve many an ill and that person could have left the T-Mo with 2 boxes... One holding the 8320 and one holding the FREE, APPROVED, and PROVEN TO WORK router...

Last edited by LunkHead; 10-03-2007 at 08:15 PM..
Old 10-03-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
John Clark
BBF Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: s & needles
Carrier: AT&T

I had the same problem. It just worked. Was no fun at all. I did get to look up and enter a wep key and type in a mac address, that was kind of fun.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #8
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Clark View Post
I had the same problem. It just worked. Was no fun at all. I did get to look up and enter a wep key and type in a mac address, that was kind of fun.
I got to push a button on my T-Mobile D-Link router and then I got to press the trackball on my 8320! It was a blast!

Kind of boring now though since after getting to do the 2 presses it's been working....
Old 10-03-2007, 11:21 PM   #9
Helmdawg
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9700
PIN: ned down...
Carrier: T-Mobile

At least you can come here and tell peeps for the 4 millionth time that you don't need H@H to get get UMA to work!!
Old 10-04-2007, 01:17 AM   #10
ngregory00
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8320
PIN: N/A
Carrier: T-Mobile

I'm still giggling over C64...
Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #11
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Model: 9530
PIN: G Pong Champ
Carrier: T-Mobile U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
I got to push a button on my T-Mobile D-Link router and then I got to press the trackball on my 8320! It was a blast!

Kind of boring now though since after getting to do the 2 presses it's been working....
LunkHead, because it seemed so simple I decided to spice it up a bit and add the PSK manually. I know living on the edge here. I don't like pressing glowing buttons.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:43 PM   #12
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
Originally Posted by troydbrown View Post
LunkHead, because it seemed so simple I decided to spice it up a bit and add the PSK manually. I know living on the edge here. I don't like pressing glowing buttons.
You are crazie!!!!

Did ya have fun???

Problem now is that the fun is over and you just have to sit there and look at it working.....
Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #13
GrayPenguin
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 8100
PIN: 23EAF79C
Carrier: Cingular

at least you have wi-fi........
Old 10-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #14
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayPenguin View Post
at least you have wi-fi........
You would just be disappointed it works out of the box.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:36 PM   #15
TroyDBrown
No longer Registered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunkHead View Post
You are crazie!!!!

Did ya have fun???

Problem now is that the fun is over and you just have to sit there and look at it working.....
I am going to have some real fun and try to get UMA to hand-off between three different access points while I walk around. We will see how it goes. If it works, I am going to be so upset I can't spend a week working on it.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:50 PM   #16
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

I have had no problems with technology. I replace cards, HDs, etc in my desktop, upgrade operating systems, install a WiFi in the house, use my 8830 and do things at work that would scare most people. Why do I have a higher level of success than some? I have a degree in electrical engineer but I also read the instructions before I try something. If I don't understand the instructions I try and find out what I need to do by either checking the internet and asking someone who has done it before successfully. Worst case is that I will sometimes pay for a service if I know that the risk is worth it.

Having said that, you do not need a college education but you do need to be able to understand written instructions, be able to follow them, and know your limits.

I wonder if some of the people who get upset on this forum actually are mad that they have limits and just found it out.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:10 PM   #17
ezrunner
EPIC MOD

Model: ZED10
PIN: INK STICK
Carrier: Tmobile

Instructions? I AM MAN ME NEED NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

hahahahahhhahahahaa
just kidding
Old 10-05-2007, 06:13 PM   #18
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
I have had no problems with technology. I replace cards, HDs, etc in my desktop, upgrade operating systems, install a WiFi in the house, use my 8830 and do things at work that would scare most people. Why do I have a higher level of success than some? I have a degree in electrical engineer but I also read the instructions before I try something. If I don't understand the instructions I try and find out what I need to do by either checking the internet and asking someone who has done it before successfully. Worst case is that I will sometimes pay for a service if I know that the risk is worth it.

Having said that, you do not need a college education but you do need to be able to understand written instructions, be able to follow them, and know your limits.

I wonder if some of the people who get upset on this forum actually are mad that they have limits and just found it out.
I posted something similar in another thread where the dude was loosing sleep over not being able to get the 8320 to work... Some clown chimed in and in a nutshell said I was dumb! I guess he knows me
Old 10-05-2007, 06:17 PM   #19
TBOLTRAM
BlackBerry Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrunner View Post
Instructions? I AM MAN ME NEED NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!!

hahahahahhhahahahaa
just kidding
Ever wonder how many of your customers are able to read and understand instructions? Ever wonder if some of the more nasty ones can't and take out their frustrations about technology on you? Scary, ain't it? What is really scary is that these same people drive cars.

I think I just talked myself into having beers.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:20 PM   #20
LunkHead
BlackBerry God

Quote:
I think I just talked myself into having beers.
Oh no you didn't.... Did you just say beer????
Closed Thread