BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
jfalzone

Model: 7280
Carrier: AT&T
Default model 7280 and desktop software

Please Login to Remove!

I bought a model 7280 (Cingular) which didn't come with any software. I downloaded both the desktop software and the hand held software. I am able to download the application onto the 7280 with the Application Loader portion of the desktop software but when I try to connect to the handheld after that, I'm asked for the password which apparently is not the same as the one in the handheld. After 9 tries, it wipes out the applications in the unit and I have to load the applications all over again. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Anyone got any ideas?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 AM   #2
hailua

Me Too
Old 12-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #3
RLLD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
PIN: 23F7DB5F
Carrier: Cingular

If you are getting a password prompt it is either because one is set on the device or the email client to which you are connecting is asking for one. You need to determine exactly where the prompt is truly coming from.

I bet there is one set on the device.....
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
jfalzone

I am able to unlock the hand held and even tested in phone use but when I try to synch it with the desktop software, I'm asked for a password and when I enter the password I used on the hand held, it won't unlock. I even cleared the hand held and re-loaded the applications from the desktop manager software and still end up with the same problem. I'm baffled.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
jfalzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfalzone
I am able to unlock the hand held and even tested in phone use but when I try to synch it with the desktop software, I'm asked for a password and when I enter the password I used on the hand held, it won't unlock. I even cleared the hand held and re-loaded the applications from the desktop manager software and still end up with the same problem. I'm baffled.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
RLLD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
PIN: 23F7DB5F
Carrier: Cingular
Unhappy

Try removing the device password altogether, since you are able to implement the password on it.

Then connect it again and see what it does. If it prompts for the password again, yet you have none set on the device, I think you are looking at a wipe....
Old 12-14-2006, 10:46 AM   #7
Andi
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: T-Mobile

Does the password on the hh have numbers? If so, did you use the ALT key when you entered? Sounds like the desktop thinks the password has letters where you think are numbers...Maybe...happens to my users all the time!
Closed Thread