BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2006, 06:03 AM   #1
SalaciousCrumb

Model: 8100
Default New to Blackberry - please help !!!

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,

I am bout to buy a Pearl (8100) from Vodafone UK, but I have read so much about the Blackberry that I am confused. I know I am asking a lot here, but could someone please help me find the answers to my questions. Your help is much appreciated.

1) Does the Internet come free with your price plan ? If I get Vodafone's Anytime 200, am I likely to get free web browsing ?

2) I have an e-mail account at work on the Microsoft Exchange. Do I need to subscribe to anything to get e-mail ? Or can I just set up my Blackberry to receive e-mail without added cost ? Will I be able to get e-mail 'straight out of the box' or does my mobile phone provider Vodafone have to add the service ?

3) Does it cost money to send and receive e-mail ?

4) Can I sync a Blackberry with Outlook Calendar ? Does it require anything extra from my mobile phone provider ?

I hope you can help

Many thanks

Marc
Old 11-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #2
Szadzik
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8100
Carrier: Vodafone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalaciousCrumb
1) Does the Internet come free with your price plan ? If I get Vodafone's Anytime 200, am I likely to get free web browsing ?
No internet browsing is included in this plan. You have to get an additional plan that'll cost you 12.77 pounds and will include BlackBerry E-mail, but still no browsing. I don't know if there is any plan for data in Vodafone, but just visit a Vodafone store and ask them about it.

Quote:
2) I have an e-mail account at work on the Microsoft Exchange. Do I need to subscribe to anything to get e-mail ? Or can I just set up my Blackberry to receive e-mail without added cost ? Will I be able to get e-mail 'straight out of the box' or does my mobile phone provider Vodafone have to add the service ?
You need to get the BlackBerry plan from Vodafone.

Quote:
See above

Quote:
4) Can I sync a Blackberry with Outlook Calendar ? Does it require anything extra from my mobile phone provider ?
You can sync. You need the BlackBery plan.

[/quote]I hope you can help

Many thanks

Marc[/QUOTE]

I hope it helps
Old 11-12-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
finch
Retired BBF Moderator

Model: N/A
Carrier: N/A

Quote:
Hi,

I am bout to buy a Pearl (8100) from Vodafone UK, but I have read so much about the Blackberry that I am confused. I know I am asking a lot here, but could someone please help me find the answers to my questions. Your help is much appreciated.

No, you need a BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account for anything data related on a BlackBerry. Not unlomited data or unlimited gprs, a specific BlackBerry Data Plan.

You can use the BlackBerry Desktop Re-Director to forward messages from your exchange account to your BlackBerry

Yes in the sense that you need a BlackBerry Data Plan and data counts against that.

You can sync with Outlook via usb and the Desktop Manage. If you require wireless sync you'll need BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) connectivity through your company or hosted

I hope you can help

Many thanks

Marc
Closed Thread