BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 10:39 AM   #1
stellair777

Model: 7280
Default US Fed Government Solution for BB's locked to AT&T

Please Login to Remove!

US Fed Government SOLUTION:

Hah! You will laugh at this! I reported the incident to the FCC because, in my opinion, what Blackberry and Cingular/AT & T are doing is BLACKMAILING PEOPLE INTO BUYING NEW PHONES for hundreds of dollars more WITH CINGULAR IN IT! BLACKBERRY benefits AND CINGULAR/AT&T BENEFITS! THE FCC ADVISED ME TO FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THEM (AFTER THEY themselves called and got the same run-around I did) and to also file a complaint with THE FTC. So I reported it to the FCC, FTC, SEC AND OTHERS. I AM DOING IT BECAUSE, IN MY OPINION, THIS IS FRAUD AND IF THEY GET COMPLAINTS TOTALLING MORE THAN A CERTAIN AMOUNT, IT WOULD BE A FEDERAL FELONY! The FCC said the quickest way to a response was to do it online at http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/complaints.html and use Complaint FCC Form 475 . If anyone wants the complaint address for the FTC and the SEC pls email me directly!

My story: I had a BB7280 locked into AT & T, which I thought I could use with my Cingular provider when they merged. Then, Blackberry in Canada said they could not unlock it, AT&T said we no longer have the wireless company and CINGULAR SAID I COULD NOT USE THE PHONE WITH CINGULAR SERVICE AND THAT THEY COULD NOT DO ANYTHING FOR ME, referring me to repair contractors, who also could not do anything except bongowireless & one other for $100-$149.

Last edited by stellair777; 03-16-2006 at 12:30 PM..
Old 03-16-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Model: SGS7
Carrier: Verizon

Why don't you see if one of NTPs lawyers is available to help you with your "fraud" case.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:53 AM   #3
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

:p

You want to know what CingulATT is doing? It's called business, and they're in it to make money sweetheart.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:54 AM   #4
d_fisher
Retired BlackBerryForums.com Moderator

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Not exactly sure what you are talking about. If you have an AT&T BlackBerry you can use it on the Cingular Blue network. Cingular BlackBerries use the Cingular Orange network. You dont even have to have your AT&T BlackBerry unlocked unless your switching to some carrier other than those two.

Remember, please try searching first!

Need a screenshot? ... Like JavaLoader?
Try using BBscreen .....Use JL_Cmder!
or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-16-2006, 10:57 AM   #5
stellair777

I trust the system in the US Government...that is, the FCC and FTC. They may work slow but, in my opinion, there is MORE than probable cause here and there are AMPLE victims of this apparent and alleged collusion between two companies to blackmail users into buying new phones that cost $300-$400.
Old 03-16-2006, 10:58 AM   #6
d_fisher

This current merger of AT&T and Cingular has NOTHING to do with BlackBerries anyway. Cingular purchased AT&T Wireless some time ago. You havent been able to buy a BlackBerry from AT&T since that happened as they no longer operated a wireless network. Ever since the purchase, all existing AT&T Wireless customers were actually Cingular customers.

or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-16-2006, 10:59 AM   #7
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

Are you SURE that there is MORE than PROBABLE cause and FRAUD involved in this PROBLEM that You ARE hAVing (this is hard - it's like reading my kids IM).

"Apparent and alleged collusion". Either a lawyer or someone who has watched way to much television.

Let it go.

Pay to get it unlocked or get a new BB.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:00 AM   #8
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

And newly purchased Cingular BlackBerrys work with either Blue or Orange SIM cards.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:02 AM   #9
dc/dc
Spam Reporter

Model: 6230
Carrier: Voicestream

There is no conspiracy. Like stated before, AT&T and RIM are in business to make money.
Old 03-16-2006, 11:04 AM   #10
stellair777

Default key to alleged fraud "NEWLY PURCHASED CINGULAR BB'S"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
And newly purchased Cingular BlackBerrys work with either Blue or Orange SIM cards.
That is PRECISELY the KEY to the alleged fraud and collusion between Blackberry and Cingular/AT&T = "NEWLY PURCHASED CINGULAR BB'S"

idem est, that users are BEING FORCED to PURCHASE A NEW CINGULAR BLACKBERRY BECAUSE THE OLD AT& T BB DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2006, 11:13 AM   #11
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

I see your point, but... Technically there is no ATT WIreless anymore, just some grandfatherd agreements. Cingular is the primary account manager, thus if there is an issue with the fomer ATT you must deal with Cingular. You are basically saying if I put an aftermarket engine in my car the Chrysler should honor its warrenty and repair it.

Cant have your eat & cake it too
Old 03-16-2006, 11:34 AM   #12
d_fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellair777
That is PRECISELY the KEY to the alleged fraud and collusion between Blackberry and Cingular/AT&T = "NEWLY PURCHASED CINGULAR BB'S"

idem est, that users are BEING FORCED to PURCHASE A NEW CINGULAR BLACKBERRY BECAUSE THE OLD AT& T BB DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!
First, chill out. No need to be so hostile. Second, old AT&T BlackBerries do infact still work. I have over 100 users, out of 1200+, that are still using AT&T BlackBerries on the Cingular Blue network (which is the old AT&T Wireless network).

or BBScreenShooter!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-16-2006, 12:25 PM   #13
stellair777

Default The US FCC agrees with me and are already investigating

Whatever you think, I feel cheated! Everyone, T-Mobile, etc., unlocked phones after contracts were fulfilled but NOT AT&T/Cingular. Cingular TOLD ME AND TOLD THE FCC that they could do NOTHING TO UNLOCK the BB. No, I will NOT pay $100-$149 to unlock it because, in my opinion, I would be ENABLING THESE PEOPLE to CONTINUE WITH WHAT IN MY OPINION IS FRAUD, COLLUSION ETC.

If the US Federal government (more than one agency) finds in my favor, it did not cost me a penny in attorneys or court costs and I will NOT get any money BUT THIS UNETHICAL PRACTICE WILL CEASE.

Someone else said it is just business but it is unethical business! It certainly does not fall under the generally accepted code of professional and business ethics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_fisher
First, chill out. No need to be so hostile. Second, old AT&T BlackBerries do infact still work. I have over 100 users, out of 1200+, that are still using AT&T BlackBerries on the Cingular Blue network (which is the old AT&T Wireless network).
Old 03-16-2006, 12:52 PM   #14
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I think that getting your old AT&T BlackBerry unlock would definitely be at the top of the US Government's list of things to do. In fact, contact your Congressman.

Seriously, it's fine to vent your anger here - and no one here can help you with your problem (outside of helping you locate the CAPS LOCK key) but you have to get over it. No one is going to lift a finger to help you.

Pay Bongo Wireless or the other unlockers and get on with it.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:43 PM   #15
stellair777

Default AT&T BB "methinks...doth protest too much"...

Getting my old AT&T BB is not on the governments' priorities but investigating complaints re stopping alleged and/or apparent collusion for the purpose of defrauding consumers IS!!!!!!!

I am trying to help other consumers and users...but what I want to know, re your comments which seem very much like "methinks...doth protest too much"...(Shakespeare's Othello)

WHY OH, WHY do you keep insisting that "I should just pay bongowireless or the other unlockers and forget it"? Now, "Methinks" THAT is something to think about...

This is especially interesting since you are a moderator with the handle "NJBlackberry" and you seemed EXTREMELY FORCEFUL AND VERY OUTSPOKEN RE CLAMPING DOWN ON ANYONE THAT COMPLAINED IN THIS FORUM ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE. So, since you did not want anyone else complaining on this forum, I went away and complained to the authorities.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBlackBerry
I think that getting your old AT&T BlackBerry unlock would definitely be at the top of the US Government's list of things to do. In fact, contact your Congressman.

Seriously, it's fine to vent your anger here - and no one here can help you with your problem (outside of helping you locate the CAPS LOCK key) but you have to get over it. No one is going to lift a finger to help you.

Pay Bongo Wireless or the other unlockers and get on with it.

Last edited by stellair777; 03-16-2006 at 01:46 PM..
Old 03-16-2006, 02:01 PM   #16
blkberryboy
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: Repl.
Carrier: Cingular/ATT

<Rolls Eyes>

First off Mr. 7 posts take a look around this forum, as you can see most members including the mods are smart funny and informed people. At times we get a little torked at Trolls and Lurkers who need to pound their chests. We offered up a solution and it is obviously not acceptabe to you. I don't support your arguement and infact disagree that there is any collusion. If you feel so compelled to carry this on I wish you good luck. If help and support are what you are looking for, good luck with it...

You told us of your dilema, we read it and disagree with you, deal with it. Attempting to flame respected members of this forum gains you no respect with a vast majority of us members. Harmfull ribbing is a part of life and this forum. Play by the rules and you'll have a great time here, attack members and you most likly will be shunned.

Good luck with your case or pay up like the vast majority of us.

Last edited by blkberryboy; 03-16-2006 at 02:03 PM..
Old 03-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #17
xyrcncp
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8830

This thread makes me laugh...yeah, the US Gov't is gonna take time to "find in your favor"...ok.

And what does this have to do with anything?
"This is especially interesting since you are a moderator with the handle "NJBlackberry" and you seemed EXTREMELY FORCEFUL AND VERY OUTSPOKEN RE CLAMPING DOWN ON ANYONE THAT COMPLAINED IN THIS FORUM ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE."

Are you implying that NJBlackberry is somehow connected to RIM or Cingular? Hello...that's his screen name, just like the other hundreds of people in this forum with the word "blackberry" in their name. I am a moderator of a Toyota Celica forum, and we have hundreds of users with the word "Celica" in their screen names...I guess they must be connected to Toyota huh?

Seems that the reason why he's "clamping down" on this issue is not because of any sort of "conspiracy" against you on his part, but because of the way you're posting.

Seems that you have an issue with people disagreeing with your views, deal with it, this is the internet. This forum is not the only resource out there for blackberries, you don't like the reply you got here? move on.

Last edited by xyrcncp; 03-16-2006 at 02:05 PM..
Old 03-16-2006, 02:15 PM   #18
stellair777

Default Title of my next book is "Ants Cannot hear thunder"

This is my last post--I agree, I will move on but NOT for your reasons!

We will SEE what happens with my complaints to the authorities, in the news, in the courts, who knows?

I am signing off because just like ants lack the capacity to hear thunder, many of us lack the capacity to hear the thunder of truth!

Do not bother replying as I am clicking off after this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xyrcncp
This thread makes me laugh...yeah, the US Gov't is gonna take time to "find in your favor"...ok.

And what does this have to do with anything?
"This is especially interesting since you are a moderator with the handle "NJBlackberry" and you seemed EXTREMELY FORCEFUL AND VERY OUTSPOKEN RE CLAMPING DOWN ON ANYONE THAT COMPLAINED IN THIS FORUM ABOUT THIS PARTICULAR ISSUE."

Are you implying that NJBlackberry is somehow connected to RIM or Cingular? Hello...that's his screen name, just like the other hundreds of people in this forum with the word "blackberry" in their name. I am a moderator of a Toyota Celica forum, and we have hundreds of users with the word "Celica" in their screen names...I guess they must be connected to Toyota huh?

Seems that the reason why he's "clamping down" on this issue is not because of any sort of "conspiracy" against you on his part, but because of the way you're posting.

Seems that you have an issue with people disagreeing with your views, deal with it, this is the internet. This forum is not the only resource out there for blackberries, you don't like the reply you got here? move on.
Old 03-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #19
NJBlackBerry
Grumpy Moderator

I WISH you the BEST of luck with THE AUTHORITIES WHO WILL CERTAINLY help you with you CASE.

Heh heh heh. Yes, I own both Bongo Wireless, GSMPhoneSource, and, most importantly, AT&T. Bwahahahahaha. I am the brains behind merging all the phone companies up. After I buy Verizon my plan will be complete. Then we will have the Bell System once again. And there will be one gigantic network (OK, four or five, whatever) and all BlackBerrys will be locked.

And to unlock them, you will have to pay me ONE BILLION DOLLARS.

Where is my Dr. Evil avatar

P.S. I've never used Bongo Wireless. They charge too much.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:26 PM   #20
coreyg510
BBF Veteran

Model: 8700c
Carrier: Cingular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellair777
This is my last post--I agree, I will move on but NOT for your reasons!

We will SEE what happens with my complaints to the authorities, in the news, in the courts, who knows?

I am signing off because just like ants lack the capacity to hear thunder, many of us lack the capacity to hear the thunder of truth!

Do not bother replying as I am clicking off after this post.

You like putting your attitude on display dont you? Heres the deal that everyone has stated before. You want your blackberry on Cingular, get it unlocked yourself. I cant help but just laugh at people like you who (in my opinion...and you said if you dont agree with my opinion you can get over it, this is the internet) think its a conspiracy or fraud just because the company wont give you what you want. The thunder of truth? What thunder of truth? There are plenty of people that have cell phones that were tied to AT&T and are now on Cingular. You know what? They bought a new Cingular phone. Know how I know? I sold them their brand new phone. They got over having to buy a new phone. Yes, they got over it. Life is a lot like the internet....get over it.