Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 07:09 PM   #1
mark.spiro

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default Address Book.app Contract transfer

Please Login to Remove!

I have both pocket mac and Missing Sync.

When I try sync my contacts, not every field goes over. Is there a short cut was of getting around this?

Thanks
Old 07-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
WFLDEng611
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: iPhon
PIN: Used to
Carrier: AT&T

First you can only have one sync app installed on your mac, so pick one, PM or MS. If you have both they will conflict and you will be in a world of hurt. Make sure you backup your files prior to removing one of the apps.

The syncing apps don't always transfer over all your contact information. First step is to go to the web site of the app you keep and see which information gets synced. For example PM will only transfer home address or business address, but not both.

Second if you can find a map of what field on your BB corresponds to the sync software you choose that will be helpful. If you cannot find a map then create a test record and put unique info in that field and then sync it. Compare what is on your BB to what is on your mac.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #3
mark.spiro

Model: 8310
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att

thanks for the tips.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:45 PM   #4
jfkeith
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFLDEng611 View Post
First you can only have one sync app installed on your mac, so pick one, PM or MS. If you have both they will conflict and you will be in a world of hurt. Make sure you backup your files prior to removing one of the apps.

The syncing apps don't always transfer over all your contact information. First step is to go to the web site of the app you keep and see which information gets synced. For example PM will only transfer home address or business address, but not both.

Second if you can find a map of what field on your BB corresponds to the sync software you choose that will be helpful. If you cannot find a map then create a test record and put unique info in that field and then sync it. Compare what is on your BB to what is on your mac.
You definitely need to choose one or the other. I had both installed and they constantly conflicted, and it's definitely important to make sure the one you choose to delete is completely removed from your system. Once I was able to decide to use MS, which has been working seemlessly for the last year, I got rid of PM and everything was fine after that.

Good luck, definitely check out the threads about comparisons and I think taking a closer look at MS would be beneficial.