Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 AM   #1
TheNuts

Model: 8350
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Desktop synching and wireless synching

Please Login to Remove!

I originally set up a user to synch through his PC using Desktop Manager. He was able to sucessfully sync his Inbox and shared contacts and shared calander located in Public Folders.

I just set him up on a BB server. We was able to sucessfully do an Enterprise activation. From my reading on here, it looks like there is no option to sync shared contacts and a shared calendar located in the Public folders on the Exchange server.

If that is the case, how do I set him up so he can sync his Inbox wirelessly and be able to sync his shared contacts/shared calendar in Public Folders using his PC and Desktop Manager?

As it stands now, when he connects his BB to Desktop Manager, he gets error messages about the Calander and Address Book not being able to sync because they are configured for wireless sync
Old 01-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
TheNuts

anyone?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
jsconyers

Model: NOTE2
PIN: <- Where do I find this?

Have some patience. I am not familiar with an Exchange environment.

The reason that it won't sync his calendar or address book is due to the device having wireless sync set to yes. If you go into options in each of the apps (address book, and calendar) you will see wireless sync = yes. Set that to no and you can do a wired sync.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #4
TheNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsconyers View Post
Have some patience. I am not familiar with an Exchange environment.

The reason that it won't sync his calendar or address book is due to the device having wireless sync set to yes. If you go into options in each of the apps (address book, and calendar) you will see wireless sync = yes. Set that to no and you can do a wired sync.
Is that a setting that would be changed back to "YES" by the BES/BPS? I just have the default IT Policy being used
Old 02-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #5
kenjancef
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8830

I am having a similar issue. I set up a new BB for a user, and they sync to a Public Folder calendar, and even though the device has wireless sync turned off for the calendar, every time I plug the unit into her system I get the alert that I can't sync because wireless calendar sync is turned on. I even have it turned off by the default policy. It works for 12 other users, just not her...

Ken
Closed Thread