BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
ihsva

Model: 8130
PIN: N/A
Carrier: verizon
Default Just got my Verizon Pearl, and have a few questions.

Please Login to Remove!

Hello everyone,

I just upgraded to the Pearl, and so far, I really like it. I've setup my email, and other things, and just have a few questions below. I tried to search, but I didn't find the exact issues below:

1. Everytime I send out an email from my PC, I get a copy on the Pearl. Is there a way to disable that?

2. It seems like there is no option to set a tone notification for missed calls, but from the reading I've done, you can have the LED blinks for missed calls. I can't seem to get this feature to work. Any idea why? What do you guys do as far as being reminded of a missed called (I know if you look on the phone, you can tell)

3. Can you highlight more than one email, message, and delete a bunch at once?

4. I read that the ringtones on the Pearl are not too loud, and so far, I can't find anything that is loud enough. Any suggestions?

Thanks in Advance.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:59 PM   #2
Danabw
CrackBerry Addict

Carrier: Verizon

1. You need to set a filter on your BIS account to not forward sent messages to your inbox...follow these steps for each email account. http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...-handheld.html

2. Try BB Alerts...you can set the color and events for which you get alerts. Look in the Aftermarket Software forum here for this thread: http://www.blackberryforums.com/afte...ry-alerts.html

3. Yes...press the Shift key (the one to the right of the 0 key) while you roll the trackball.

4. You can use any MP3 you want...I use a classic phone ringer I found searching around a bit via google...
Old 12-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
ihsva

Carrier: verizon

thanks for your reply.

I thought I read something about BB Alerts, and it mentioned that it doesn't work with the Verizon version of the pearl?
Closed Thread