Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
crazysgt

Model: 7100g
PIN: N/A
Carrier: att
Default New to BB

Please Login to Remove!

I recently got a 7100g with 4.1 os installed and 4.2 software for pc. Is that all i need to transfer files from pc to bb via usb? any help would be nice..

thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 02:21 PM   #2
option94
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
PIN: 21BFC0A1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Wirelessly posted (Cingular 7130c: BlackBerry8100/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

The 7100 won't let pi transfer files to it through the desktop manager.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:28 PM   #3
crazysgt

Crap that sucks,,only way is to activate bb internet and send to phone via email? whattabout efile way

Last edited by crazysgt; 07-03-2007 at 02:54 PM..
Old 07-03-2007, 03:27 PM   #4
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

Send what? Files? There's no reason to just put various files on your 7100. You can put ringtones, wallpaper, pictures, etc., and not very many at that with the memory limitations. Other files, no.

The 7100 is not one of the newer BBs and does not have the extended memory to hold all large MP3s, etc.

But yes, the best way is activate your BB Data Plan and send via email or download from web browser.

Good luck.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:16 PM   #5
crazysgt

Ok, thanks, one more ?, i am on att or cingular, id hate to have to pay 50 bucks for the bb service, they have one called basic internet for bb, for like 29 bucks,,,will i be able to send/receive emails, pics and tones with it and use internet?
linky Get Started - AT&T, formerly Cingular Wireless

thanks again
Old 07-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

No, you have to have the BlackBerry Data Plan, that is why in the earlier post, I said, "activate your BB Data Plan and send via email or download from web browser." Unless you overpay Cingular-AT&T, it should cost $29.99/per month with a voiceplan.

Good luck.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:32 PM   #7
crazysgt

Right, when i goto att services.com,,,like in the link i provided, with my zip (75935) it shows all the blackberry plans, one is around 29.99 and other 50, the lesser details are:

BlackBerry® Internet Service has now been upgraded to version 2.0 which provides customers with the ability to have their personal email pushed automatically to the BlackBerry® from most popular Internet Service Provider (ISP) accounts. The solution provides automatic wireless synchronization of read, deleted and sent from the user's BlackBerry® handset to their account.

Users with multiple accounts can choose from multiple "sent from" addresses when sending an email. Customers can also browse the Web wirelessly via AT&T's popular MEdia™ Net wireless Internet access service or use the BlackBerry® Browser¿ for HTML Internet browsing.

* Simple to set-up and use
* Includes an optional email account: [email address]
* Aggregate up to 10 email accounts, including AOL®, MSN®, Hotmail®, or POP3/Internet Service Providers (ISP)
* Store unlimited data (with a 30 day auto-aging)
* 128-bit SSL encryption

Also consider the new BlackBerry® Personal Plan from AT&T offers customers direct and easy access to their Internet accounts. The plan is designed solely for use with the newly enhanced BlackBerry® Internet Service¿ (note: this plan excludes access to BlackBerry® Enterprise Server). The solution is ideal for on-the-go consumers such as young professionals who need to stay in touch and parents who spend their days juggling work and family activities and can use email as one way to help keep themselves connected.

sorry for long post, just hate to overpay for nothing.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #8
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Yea that is it...

Or one of these. I believe, with a voice plan, the 34 plan becomes 29. Or something like that. Call and ask AT&T for it at $29.00.
Get Started - AT&T, formerly Cingular Wireless
Closed Thread