Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 10:09 PM   #1
TonyC6

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: TMobile
Default Bluetooth Voice Delay - No ringing

Please Login to Remove!

I hate to post something that has already been discussed and I saw several notes on both of these issues, but never saw a resolution. I have two issues with my 8100 (18 months old). It just seems to have started doing this in the past couple of months.
1. When you dial a number using the bluetooth (and one of several bluetooth devices I have), you never hear the phone ringing. it only shows "calling" in the display and then "connected" when the phone is picked up. Then after about 2 second delay you can start to hear the voice. The bluetooth connection is made as soon as you hit the send button because it activates the mute control on my Pioneer navigation system. It does something very similar when you answer an incoming call. Once you hit the connect button, it takes up to 2 seconds before the caller can actually hear you talking.
2. About 30% of the time, the phone never rings on an incoming call. You only know about the call when it goes into voice mail or you get a message saying that you have a missed call. This happens as much in my home area as it does when roaming.
The software is the latest version from TMobile (107) as of 1/18/08. They thought that might help, but of course it did not. Now they are suggesting changing out the SIM chip??? Anyone ever heard of that?

Thanks for any help.
TC6
Closed Thread