Old 08-03-2009, 07:41 AM   #1
Rony123

Model: 8800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Software Developement
Question GPS CDMA issue regarding PDE

Please Login to Remove!

Hii guys ,

I am designing the GPS application for CDMA devices for which I have to set PDE information using GPSSettings.setPDEInfo() dynamically as according to the network..for this purpose I thought to use configuration XML file containing respective data as per different network and by fetching the carrier( available network) I dynamically set the PDE information’s according to them….
As I thought to fetch the MCC MNC for the network and using them I do filter out the required data from the configuration XML and set PDE information’s accordingly…but as on researching I came to know that we cannot rely on MNC values fetching using IMSI or RAdioInfo.getMNC()…
So please suugest me on what basis I do set PDE information’s in
GPSSettings.setPDEInfo(String ip, int port) as the parameters are provided by the network carriers..
Such as Verizon etc.. how should I be able to find the network on device and filter out data.
If I use the the network name …as parameter to filter data will it create any issues or not..
I really need an urgent help…please do reply’s..

Thanks in advance
Closed Thread