Old 04-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
BMVEE

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Telus
Default New BPS & can't activate device

Please Login to Remove!

Ok...

this is a real pain in the behind, but I've just set up a new Blackberry Professional Softare v4.1.4 on an SBS 2003 (SP1) Exchange with SP2 and for the life of me, I can't get the darn 8330 to activate. I've checked permissions (checked 3 times fine plus the permissions check utility.. can't remember the name of it, but did it awhile ago... tested OK), removed user and re-added user.

The ETP message is received (not malformed) and remains in my inbox.. and that's that. I've checked with my carrier and I'm provisioned correctly, PIN 2 PIN is working. I'm pretty sure I've missed something, but I can't find it... it's driving me nutz and I have to get this going as it's my system. I'm a BES admin on my client's site (a couple actually) and no problems setting up or activating (though it's BES not BPS).

guidance would be appreciated. I'm an SE, so lemme have the tech.... I'm stumped. My provider had me remove and re-add my user account in BPS, but it wouldn't allow me to re-add the account.. I had to manually purge which worked like a charm!

I'm ready for anything!
Thanks
Old 04-12-2008, 06:25 AM   #2
ashworth
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9000
Carrier: Rogers

I would check your MAGT log and see if your user is started. It sounds like your users is not started. I would find out the mapi error code as to why the user is not started. If it is 11d or 111 then it is permissions.

My BlackBerry GPS Golf Application | Mileage Calculator
Closed Thread