Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
phoenix80

Model: 8700c
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T Wireless
Unhappy 8700c No internet or email, acct restored recently

Please Login to Remove!

Hey y'all! I have an 8700c and my service provider is AT&T. The phone is refurbished and I've owned it since September/October 2007. In February when I quit my job, I fell behind in payments and it was shut off in early June. I just got it turned back on Friday, July 13th, restoring the acct. I can receive and make calls as well as receive and send text msgs just fine. I don't receive email to my BB nor can I connect to the internet with the regular browser. MediaNet with the Cingular browser works fine. When trying to access the other browser, I get the message: "A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider."

I tried calling AT&T wireless customer service last night and she had the service books resent, confirmed that my PIN and IMEI were the same, data plan is on my bill, I have EDGE in the upper righthand corner, etc. They tried sending the service books over and over again, but my phone gave no indication of accepting them. The blue arrows in the upper righthand corner were moving, but there was nothing else after that. I believe my OS is a v.2.1.96 if that makes a difference. My Desktop Manager's version is 4.1.0.8

Please help!!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:09 AM   #2
Foxglove
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9900
Carrier: o2

Hi

Have you tried logging into AT & T's BIS webpage or using the email settings icon on your BB? I suspect (could be wrong) that the webpage may be showing your account as suspended and therefore your email is blocked maybe which prevents the service books from being received and needs to be reset.

If you can log in there you can send the service books yourself.

Also, try going to options > advanced options > host routing table, hit menu key and select register now.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by Foxglove; 07-20-2008 at 07:23 AM..
Old 07-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #3
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

And, with the BB powered on, remove the battery for 30 a minute, replace and reboot.

Good luck, and welcome to the BBforums.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:33 AM   #4
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxglove View Post
Hi

Have you tried logging into AT & T's BIS webpage or using the email settings icon on your BB? I suspect (could be wrong) that the webpage may be showing your account as suspended and therefore your email is blocked maybe which prevents the service books from being received and needs to be reset.

If you can log in there you can send the service books yourself.

Also, try going to options > advanced options > host routing table, hit menu key and select register now.

Hope that helps.
Hello and thank you for responding! Yes, I've been able to log into the BIS website and everything was fine there. I'd clicked the send service books button, but I still cannot connect. I, also, tried the other one you suggested...options > advanced options > host routing table, hit menu key and select register now. You said "hit menu key." I don't really have a menu key so I'm assuming you meant the trackwheel? Because that's how menus get pulled up on my phone. So, I clicked the trackwheel and the next screen says "HRT Editor" and then a really long list of codes like Cingular [31015030].

Help!! =)
Old 07-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #5
Foxglove
CrackBerry Addict

Ok at this hrt editor page use the menu key/ trackwheel again and you should get a pop up box with the the option to register now.

Last edited by Foxglove; 07-20-2008 at 07:50 AM..
Old 07-20-2008, 08:02 AM   #6
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSanders View Post
And, with the BB powered on, remove the battery for 30 a minute, replace and reboot.

Good luck, and welcome to the BBforums.
Thank you for the welcome! I've been a member for quite some time, but everything that I had questions about had already been answered in previous threads. This is my first post.

I just tried the 30 minute reboot you mentioned and I still cannot connect to the internet nor receive email. When I tried to connect thru the regular browser (not Cingular Browser), I received another message: "The certificate has expired or is not yet valid. Would you like to continue with the connection, close the connection or view the certificate for more info?" And the options to click on were "Continue," "Close," and "View Cart." =(
Old 07-20-2008, 08:05 AM   #7
phoenix80

Quote:
Ok at this hrt editor page use the menu key/ trackwheel again and you should get a pop up box with the the option to register now.
I just tried that, received a confirmation that my blackberry had been registered with the wireless network. Unfortunately, I still can't connect to the internet or send/receive emails. =(
Old 07-20-2008, 08:18 AM   #8
Foxglove
CrackBerry Addict

Try sending your service books one more time now, log into your BIS webpage and do it from there.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
phoenix80

Quote:
Try sending your service books one more time now, log into your BIS webpage and do it from there.
I just tried sending the service books from the BIS page again and nothing changed. =0(
Old 07-20-2008, 06:26 PM   #10
JSanders
Crimson Tide Moderator

Model: Z30
PIN: t low
Carrier: Verizon

So after the HRT register, and sending new Service Books fresh from your BIS--pull the battery and reboot. Sometimes it takes a reboot to install the service books.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:30 AM   #11
KAMP

Model: 8700
Carrier: ATT

Have you tried pulling your SIM card for a few seconds and then reinserting it? I had a similar problem a while back, and this fixed it.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:42 AM   #12
phoenix80

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAMP View Post
Have you tried pulling your SIM card for a few seconds and then reinserting it? I had a similar problem a while back, and this fixed it.
I just tried that - pulling out the SIM card and reinserting it and still no internet connection.
Old 07-23-2008, 01:48 AM   #13
phoenix80

Talking Problem solved

I just wanted to thank everyone who sent comments, trying to help. I called AT&T wireless customer service tonight and spoke with a rep who saw what the problem was right away. Apparently, once my acct was deactivated a few months ago and then reactivated last Friday, my internet/email was not reactivated. She did that, had me turn Wireless Connection off on my phone, switch it back on, and bam. =)

HOORAY!!!
Closed Thread