BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
Zharin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800g
Carrier: verizon
Default Explanation: Why does Cingular charge me for data even if I have the BB Unlimited?

Please Login to Remove!

If you are connecting to an IM client via WAP, you are using the Cingular network for data. Thus, you are being charged for data on the cingular network. The Blackberry data network is a totally different network that is monitored.
That is the reason why all those pay per use plans are not being encompassed by the BB unlimited plan.
Old 07-30-2005, 08:54 AM   #2
vannessa
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7290
Carrier: carrrier

Is your voice plan unlimited or unlimited 'data' plan? You posted this in the wrong forum.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:06 AM   #3
Zharin
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8800g
Carrier: verizon

I have an unlimited blackberry data plan.
This is the right forum since this happens with third party software. And I am not asking a question, I am explaining to users how it is.

Last edited by Zharin; 08-01-2005 at 09:59 AM..
Old 08-07-2005, 01:21 AM   #4
CINCNORAD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

Officially...The unlimited blackberry plan doesn't cover data use with third party programs. I've had several arguments with their Reps about this issue. To have unlimited data, blackberry, and a decent voice plan would cost you approximately $160+ per month. It's ridiculous. Cingular is clueless in dealing with blackberry customers. It's why I'm breaking my contract and ditching them.

Last edited by CINCNORAD; 08-07-2005 at 01:25 AM..
Old 08-07-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
camerch
Talking BlackBerry Encyclopedia

Model: 7100t

Ok, I work for Cingular Data Support, if you're being charged for data on a unlimited plan it should not be from using a 3rd party app, that's rediculious! What were the data charges listed as opn your invoice?

If you have unlimited data that enables you to browse the internet, access applications that utilize the data channels, etc..

Please post your charges as they appear on the invoice so we can figure this one out for you.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:39 AM   #6
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Why can't Cingular be like TMO and have simplified plan selections? Instead of having to go line by line item to see if you have everything we should just be able to ask for the BB Unlimited and get just that.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:38 PM   #7
CINCNORAD
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 7130e
Carrier: Sprint

Quote:
Originally Posted by camerch
Ok, I work for Cingular Data Support, if you're being charged for data on a unlimited plan it should not be from using a 3rd party app, that's rediculious! What were the data charges listed as opn your invoice?

If you have unlimited data that enables you to browse the internet, access applications that utilize the data channels, etc..

Please post your charges as they appear on the invoice so we can figure this one out for you.
Very long story: When I first got my 7100G, I traded calls with about 5 reps until we found one who understood what I wanted (data for third party apps.) My phone worked fine for about 3-4 months. No charges for unlimited data, with my unlimited bb. Then I started being charged out of the blue. Some technicians would tell me unlimited data comes with unlimited bb. Others would tell me I'm not even allowed to have data on this device because third party apps aren't supported. Everyone had a different story. This happened a few times actually. The last time, I found a rep who said unlimited data should come with my unlimited bb, so he made the changes to my account and promised there'd be no extra charges. So then I get my bill:

NATP450RUMM5KNW 39.99
DataConnect10MB 18.33
LaptopConnectUnltd 54.99
XM with BB and V UN 44.99

The rest of the charges were by KB, with my bill ending up at $192.24

They didn't even add the right features this time, as you can see above. I've gone through this hassle with Cingular many times now... At this point, I'd save money in the long run by breaking my contract and switching to T-Mo... even with the penalty fees.

Last edited by CINCNORAD; 08-07-2005 at 12:44 PM..
Old 08-07-2005, 01:09 PM   #8
Soapm
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9900
Carrier: TMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINCNORAD
I've gone through this hassle with Cingular many times now... At this point, I'd save money in the long run by breaking my contract and switching to T-Mo... even with the penalty fees.
I've never been one to carrier bash but my blood boils when I look at the line items on your invoice. Why would a company make pricing/features so complicated that the people who deal with it day in and day out don't understand them? I don't believe an emloyee gives bad advice or messes up your account on purpose. I believe they are really trying their best whith the understanding they have but the system is just too complicated.

You know like I do it will take a mass leaving of Cingular to get the big wigs to wake up and simplify their products. As long as people tolerate mess, mess will be served on the menu... </rant>
Closed Thread