BlackBerry Forums Support Community

Old 12-05-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
versity

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile
Default BES and Blackberry Connect

Please Login to Remove!

I have Connect running on a Nokia E61. I have the desktop BB Connect app running and connected to the handset. they read each other fine. I have my personal emails and the "blackberry.net" emails working fine. But my corporate email that is setup on BES is not working. MY sys admin provisioned the account, when i connect the Handset to the BBConnect app. it was able to get all my calendaring info from Outlook/Exchange but there are no emails getting routed to it.

The Sysadmin says i should have a place to enter a Pin from BES, but i can't figure out where or how?

any help appreciated
Old 12-06-2007, 11:47 AM   #2
WonkotheSane
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9700
Carrier: at&t

Quote:
Originally Posted by versity View Post
I have Connect running on a Nokia E61. I have the desktop BB Connect app running and connected to the handset. they read each other fine. I have my personal emails and the "blackberry.net" emails working fine. But my corporate email that is setup on BES is not working. MY sys admin provisioned the account, when i connect the Handset to the BBConnect app. it was able to get all my calendaring info from Outlook/Exchange but there are no emails getting routed to it.

The Sysadmin says i should have a place to enter a Pin from BES, but i can't figure out where or how?

any help appreciated
The BES should assign a pin when you press the "Configure" button in the BBConnect desktop software. You can't enter it manually. It's more than a little odd that you get calendar stuff and all because that is supposed to be routed by PIN number.

One problem I had was that the PIN said "Unknown Type" even though I seemed to have gotten a PIN before. I found the answer to that problem here:
BlackBerry Search Results
Old 12-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #3
versity

Model: Curve
PIN: N/A
Carrier: t-mobile

yeah.. but i am getting the calendaring stuff synched by connecting to the desktop .. not from BES..

the BES did register my PIN automatically when i checked with our sysadmin.. and the PIN shows up everytime on the BBC desktop. i saw that fix on the support site, but there is no such option on our BES server.. the sysadmin walked me through it and there was no "pin" field on there.

I guess I"ll have to get a RIM device like all others around here