View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 05:27 PM   #1
marcianx

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default "No desktop organizer configuration can be found for the current user."

Please Login to Remove!

I just got a Blackberry curve from Verizon, and I tried to use the desktop sync software (Desktop Manager 4.3.0.17 that came with the CD) in Windows. I wanted to sync my address book from Outlook Express with the device. Looking at the Options, my Application Data folder seems to be fine. I plugged in the Blackberry. Then I went to Synchronize and checked "Synchronize organizer data" and clicked "Synchonize now". There really wasn't any synchronization happening (not address transfer at least). Then I went to the Configuration tab, where I got three clickable and two ghosted buttons:

The first clickable button is "Configure synch...". When I clicked it, it said:
"There was a problem updating the synchronization settings. Click 'Reset configuration' and try again."
Then, I clicked the "Reset configuration" button, it said:
"No desktop organizer configuration can be found for the current user."

I have tried installing Desktop Managers 4.0sp1 and 4.2sp2 and the same thing happens (but these two don't support the Blackberry curve).

Perhaps I don't understand what is meant by "desktop organizer program". I don't know what else to set up to get this thing working, and it's been rather frustrating installing, reinstalling, and keeping on trying various things. Any clues?
Offline   Reply With Quote