View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
ravenspeake
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 7520
Carrier: nextel sprint

I solved my issue recently (I think).

First- I do not use BES- so I sync with a cable daily

I was having issues every so often with the calendar! My Journal/Memo and Contacts in Lotus Notes sync just fine. But Calendar would lock up. It would read FROM the handheld, then when reading from LotusNotes it would get to, for example, "22 Entries of 22" and just stop!

So I have taken to doing TWO syncs (a practice I will continue). First I go into "configure PIM" and choose ONLY the Journal and Contacts to sync, click Okay then CHECK the "synchronize PIM" box, then click on "synchronize now"

Once the Journal and Contacts are synced, I go back to "configure" and uncheck the Journal and Contacts and check the Calendar, exit and then sync the calendar.

In the past week the calendar still locked up this way but at least my Contacts and Journal were not disrupted. But today I clicked on "Reset Configuration" which clears the synchronize PIM options (in which the BB overwrites computer, vice versa, etc).

Then I went back to the configuration and corrected my sync for Contacts and Journal so they would sync and not have one overwrite the other- then synced and as in the past- no issues.

I then did the Calendar sync separately as before after first going to configuration and ALSO ensuring the BB or the computer would sync and not have one overwrite the other- then synced.... and it WORKED with no lock up!

Resetting seemed to clear any errors in syncing. I've seen other threads that note issues with corrupted files in Lotus etc..but that did not seem to be a problem here

Hope it helps