View Single Post
Old 09-17-2006, 01:18 AM   #1
cwiet1
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 8100
Carrier: T-Mobile
Default "Modded t-mobile 8100 for "Sleeper mode" helped solved muted ringer for now

Please Login to Remove!

I just simply modded the t-mobile 8100 case I got today by taping, with black electical tape, a small magnet I had lying around to the bottom back of the case. It then acts as a "sleeper case" or whatnot. i have heard other people having to put the phone in upside down which sucks ( I did that for like two hours and then figured this simple task out) It looks great because the electrical tape matches the back perfect and you cant see it from the front at all. The magnet I used was a small one from a magnetic door latch like the ones used on glass cabinet doors on enterainment stands. Had one lying around but its like $2 at a hardware store. Works even though its not in the case but on the back. I will use this atleast until the blackberry proper cases and skins are available. Just find a magnet that works and afix it to the lower back of the case with tape, glue, spit, hair gell, or whatever you got in your house.