View Single Post
Old 06-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
juanluisperu

Model: 8100
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Claro Peru
Default Blackberry vs iPhone 3G - The List

Please Login to Remove!

Hey guys, I'm a big Blackberry fan currently using a Pearl.

At my work, the company is trying to do a major phone upgrade for all managing positions (about 60 phones) and they want to get as high-tech as possible. Until now, all they use was regular cellphone, no smartphones.

Some Managers are suggesting the iPhone but my department is suggesting the BB. I want to come up with a list of reasons why the BlackBerry should be the way to go. I found this list online and I am posting it, I'd like your help to add more to this list so I could include in my report.

THE LIST (thanx to tomstechblog.com)

-Blackberry has had GPS for years and the iPhone still doesn't offer turn-by-turn directions which, again, has been in the Blackberry for years.

-Blackberry supports cut and paste which is a big thing when you are trying to do business on the road and interact with two different colleagues about the same issue (or any number of other scenarios for that matter)

-Blackberry has a built in "To Do List/Task Manager" application that syncs with Exchange. iPhone does not.

-Battery life is much better on pretty much any Blackberry and that is of the utmost importance for a business user

-Blackberry's come with REMOVABLE BATTERIES. Most business people I know carry around a spare.

-Blackberry supports MMS (which I would assume is of almost no use to business users but still deserves a mention)

-Blackberry's support Video recording

-Almost all Blackberry's have better cameras (same 2 MP but with 5x Zoom)

-Almost all Blackberry's come with MicroSD slots

-Blackberry's sync technology is more mature. Assuming the iPhone is using ActiveSync which is licensed from Microsoft I can personally attest to the Blackberry having better sync capabilities.

-Blackberry has an excellent search function (which is paticularly good at searching through e-mail but can search the whole device if you need it). iPhone has none.

-Blackberry's support voice dialing, iPhones do not (though I've never been a fan of the feature)

-Blackberry's allow you to record quick voice notes, the iPhone doesn't (very important to a lot of business users)

-iPhone's bluetooth capabilities are crippled by Apple so that you can only use an ear piece. Blackberry can use any Bluetooth device and supports stereo sound

-Blackberry's can be used as a tethered 3G Modem for a laptop, the iPhone can not

-Blackberry is easier to use as a phone (iPhone takes several screen clicks to get to Spearker for example while Blackberry has one hardware button)
From what I can tell, the iPhone can't be locked down by administrators in the same way a Blackberry can

-The iPhone offers nothing (enterprise feature wise) above and beyond what a Blackberry can do. Organizations with a Blackberry infrastructure already paid for aren't going to switch to something that doesn't improve on anything just to use iPhones (believe it or not most companies would prefer their employees not have great web access on the road)

-Most Blackberry users use their phone for e-mail 95% of the time and the iPhone's soft keyboard is vastly inferior to every Blackberry I've ever seen.

-unless you purposely choose to turn the feature off the Blackberry alarm will sound even if the phone is turned off. For a business person using their phone as their alarm clock that sort of thing matters and little things like that are what make the Blackberry better suited for business users.
" Why do they sterilize the needles for lethal injection? "
Offline   Reply With Quote