Old 02-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #14
KonTiki
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9650
PIN: 007
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carterofmars
If the Judge was going to rule in favor of RIMM he would have FRIDAY PEOPLE! Think about it... that would be the easy and less controversial and ground shaking thing to do, if he was leaning that way he would have ruled that way instantly. The fact that he said the things he did to the RIMM attorney's, and gave RIMM maybe another week, shows that he's going to force the injunction, possible partial injunction, but an injunction none the less. And it will HURT RIMMs stock price. I'm in IT for an extremely large company; third largest on earth in our industry (100,000 + employees) and we are ready to switch to another PDA sollution with-in a couple of weeks! Now that's a fact. And if we're ready to pull the trigger on BB I know others are ready too. RIMM put itself in a lose lose possition at this point.
Granted that there is always need for contingencies in worst case scenarios, if people did not prepare they would fail. As much as every company that oversees BBs has tried to prepare, so has RIM.

Ok now that aside, this post from Carterofmars, reminds me of the story of Chicken Little, and to a lesser extend The Boy That Cried Wolf. Pessimism is a part of life so is Optimism, the Ying and the Yang, for every action there is a reaction, however nothing is gained from trying to incite people, to sensationalize what is happening. I am glad that he has prepared, I am glad that he has options available and contingency plans in place, Bravo, well done. Now lets drop this whole inane line of thinking and just wait patiently. I am sure that everyone involved with the possible exception of NTP's case is hoping and keeing everyone's best interest in mind. Even NTP will get their due, deservedly or not. My .02s worth, and I realize fully well that in the grand scheme of things that will not get any of us any closer to Nirvana.

Running OS 6.0.0.524

Last edited by KonTiki; 02-26-2006 at 10:16 PM..