View Single Post
Old 02-07-2011, 05:02 PM   #48
thecleanser

Model: 9000
PIN: N/A
Carrier: rogers
Default Re: How to Perform a Clean Uninstall/Reinstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

Hello all
after downloading the new BB desktop sofware to back up my BB - I followed the prompt to upgrade the OS to 6.0 or what ever it was. Little did i know that as soon as i locked the keys i would be locked out of my phone because you have to push the mute button to unlock the keys. My bold 9000 does not have a mute button. After some reading i discovered i was screwed and had to reinstall OS 4.6 through my service provider. After more than 2 hour of f...ing around I finally got my BB back to normal and backed up.

However yesterday (couple days later) some thing really weird going on - I open windows media player and try to play some thing and for some reason it opens a window that says PLEASE WAIT WHILE WINDOWS CONFIGURES BB DESKTOP SOFTWARE- then another window opens saying THE FEATURE YOU ARE TRYING TO USE IS ON A NETWORK RESOURCE THAT IS UNAVALABLE- CLICK OK TO TRY AGAIN OR ENTER AN ALTERNATE PATH.......BLA BLA BLA. An then i hit cancell and another window opens giving me some kind of error.

Okay i say simple enough I'll just uninstall BB desk top ...- i guess it should have been simple but i keep getting some kinda disk read error mid way through the uninstall and it simply rolls back what its done and im still screwed. So my new alternative here from what ive read here on this site is to go into the regedit and manually delete to BB files which ive done with no results. for some reason BB desktop manager still show up in the add or remove programs and the same cenario keeps occuring, even with windows media player.

Does any one know what the heck is going here? How the hell has BB desktop manager inbedded its self with media player?
Offline   Reply With Quote