Model: 9810
PIN: N/A
Carrier: AT&T
Default Re: BIS - No Better Security than Web Based Mail

Please Login to Remove!

Quote:
Originally Posted by montevale View Post
So if I have a hosted excahnge with BES:
1. Would someone who is managing that hosted exchange still be able to see my emails
2. Should I install PGP on my desktop to further secure all outgoing emails... and I'm assuming that then for sure the messages sitting on the exchange server would only be visible to someone with the PGP key only... not to any of the admins snooping around. (Plase no offence to the Admins here, this is simply a security issue as I have no idea who those people may be)
2. if I install PGP on my desktop would I still be able to read my sent emails and replies on the blackbery? (I really do not want to buy a minimum of 10 licenses asked by PGP as a condition, PGP is aksing for over a grand for a min of 10 licenses)
3. If I use outlook for web (instead of the full blown client) would I still be able to see the encrypted messages?
Cheers.
Whoever runs the server can see your email unless it's encrypted. You can use PGP for Outlook as well as the Blackberry... PGP is currently not compatible with Outlook 2010. I have no idea about Outlook on the web...
Offline   Reply With Quote