View Single Post
Old 01-07-2007, 06:50 PM   #12
nsimpson
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 8700
Carrier: Rogers

This device was def. Rims oppertunity to get a percentage that didnt even dream of using a PDA device hooked. They call it the crackberry for a reason there people! I just feel like even though there are some "nightmare" devices out on the market that def. require software updates on the device blackberry shouldnt be one of them.

The truth of the matter is that Rogers still has on their website and what they advise people to do is upload .51 OS the average joe doesnt have the knowledge/ or isnt nerdy enough to even know about this website or about the different carriers' OS systems have fixed certain issues. When i got my PS3 it told me i needed an update and it did it all for me. No fuss whatso ever. Thats what i expect from a product like RIM. If they even held out for a couple of weeks some of the firmware issues would have been adressed where its not a big deal to my clients. And i dont think the device is riddled with problems other than the call delay and the speed of the device.

It was/ still is a hassle to upload a new OS for every customer who walks into my store wanting a Pearl.