View Single Post
Old 07-11-2008, 06:58 AM   #41
DoctorMom

Model: 8330
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon

Please Login to Remove!

I just got mine to stop this behavior. Beyond frustrating

I did a google search on Roxio Media Manager and we're not alone. There are forums out there under Roxio that are beyond frustrated with this issue. I found one post (below) that helped me-- hopefully it will help others.

DISCLAIMER: this is a Blackberry user and not a representative of Blackberry or Roxio. Due to the newness of my membership to Blackberry forum, this forum will not allow me to post direct hyperlinks. So, they are modified a bit using spaces-- but you're smart, you'll figure it out

Go to WEB: h t t p : / /
forums.support.roxio
.com/index.php?showtopic=22958

View Member Profilex

post Jun 29 2008, 10:42 PM
Post #17

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,401

"I have a Blackberry 8130. The Desktop Manager included Roxio Media Manager. I thought RMM was bulky and slow
when it first installed. Rather than try to uninstall it, I chose to ignore it and used drag and drop with a card reader to
swap files on my memory card. Then one unfine day, Roxio Media Manager began to try to install upon start up. And,
despite repeated efforts, it would not stop. GRRRR.

I found I could stop it by waiting upon startup for the rest of my programs to load then:

Step One
Open Task Manager.
In Applications, right click on the RMM install process
Left click on Go TO PROCESS
This step puts you on ISUSPM.exe.
Left click on END PROCESS

This only works until your next start. In the meantime, you will not be able to install anything else as RMM install is running in the background. GRRRR.

Step Two
Go back to Task Manager, select PROCESSES
Find msiexec.exe
Left click on it and left click on END PROCESS

Step Three
Uninstall Blackberry Desktop Manager and Roxio Media Manager

Step Four
Download and run Windows Install Clean Up utility from:
h t t p : / /
support.microsoft
.com/kb/290301

If it it errors out because another install program is running, repeat Step Two

Step Five
Remove all instances of Roxio programs (I have about four or five) If you are using Roxio for other things (after this I
can't imagine why), you can try to be selective. My strong advice would be to find alternative programs.

Step Six
Download and install Blackberry Desktop Manager without Roxio Media Manager. Get yourself a card reader and you can easily drag and drop from your hard drive to your media card.
Offline   Reply With Quote