View Single Post
Old 03-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #557
RemyJ
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 9700
Carrier: ATT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tateu View Post
Nothing like that here...though I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "slows my bold to a crawl." And if it's not in the application switcher, that means it isn't running, which makes it unlikely that it could be slowing down your device.

By default, when you press the Escape key from inside BBWeather, it exits the application with System.exit(0). If you have "Enable HomeScreen Update" checked, before it exits, it will add itself to the system scheduler to run again in "Current & Homescreen Poll Interval (mins)." But for that "interval," it is completely closed and has no effect on your device's performance. When that "interval" has elapsed, the system scheduler will run BBWeather, which will download current conditions, update the homescreen icons, reschedule itself and exit.

If you want it left running in the background, choose "Close" from the menu or, in the options screen, set the action of the Escape key to "Close."
False alarm on the slowness. I think the device started re-indexing my music after the reboot to install bbweather. It finally sorted itself out.

Gotcha on the app switcher. I didn't realize the default was to exit.
Offline   Reply With Quote