Old 07-02-2007, 04:58 PM   #54
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcrn View Post
This is a review i read. This is from a everyday user of the product. I tend to take these in consideration more then people who have had the phone for 15 min in a store.
Well, except that among those "everyday users" if you take about a minute or less you can find everyday users who call it everything from the second coming to the worst piece of crap they've ever laid hands on. So hard to really tell how objective *any* of those everyday user reviews are.

Quote:
The iPhone checks my Yahoo mail every 15 minutes.
I thought the claim all along has been that Yahoo would be (the only) push mail, so that's an interesting observation!

Quote:
I find the touch sensitive keyboard very well thought out, but slightly miserable to use. It’s OK for the odd email here and there but I would not want to try and use it daily as I process about 30 to 40 emails a day while traveling (using my BB) and a regular keyboard is so much easier and you don’t have to look at the device to use it.

While Outlook syncs nicely with the iPhone it too is really slow compared to the speed of a sync on my BlackBerry. I timed it, with the somewhat large contact list I have (3,500 contacts) it takes just under 30 seconds on the BlackBerry. The same operation on the iPhone is 2.5 minutes.
Quote:
The phone quality is a bit weak and not that clear, however I must remember that it's Apples first try at cramming so many features into one device. It’s usable and that’s good enough.
Quote:
On a scale of 1 – 10 I rate it as a solid 7.0, very good for their first try.
So there you have it. Typing emails is "slightly miserable", the sync is "really slow" and the phone quality is "a bit weak and not all that clear" but he rates it "a solid 7 on a scale of 1-10"???? What the heck is he rating it as, one wonders? Oh yeah, love those "everyday user" reviews!
Offline   Reply With Quote