Old 12-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
ashbarve

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Tata Docomo
Default Storm 9530 reboots with micro SD card

Please Login to Remove!

Hi,
I bought a Verizon branded (but unlocked) Blackberry Storm 9530 off ebay USA. The phone is to be used in India on a Tata Docomo GSM network.

Currently it's running an O.S. v5.0.0.328 (Platform 4.2.0.128)

I noticed that right from the time it has been with me, it starts rebooting every few minutes.
I did a "security wipe" of E-mails, contacts etc, user installed applications, from the "Options - Security options - security wipe" menu.
Phone worked OK for some time then again started the reboot sequence.

So after browsing through some websites, I thought it is best to downgrade the O.S. I down graded the O.S. to 4.7 Bundle 203 (v4.7.0.148, Platform 4.0.0.181).
It worked for a half a day but then again back to square one!

Hence I re-upgraded to O.S. v5.0.0.328(Platform 4.2.0.128).
This time around I worked on the bare phone! thinking that some of the apps may be the culprits, before up-gradation, I removed all apps. and then upgraded. I took care to remove all 3rd party apps.

Every time I tried using files from my micro-SD media card (for eg. using a pic as a wall paper, etc), the phone would go in a white screen error (which I couldn't read as it went away before I could read it) and reboot.

I changed from Transcend 8 GB class to to Kingston 4 GB class 4 micro-SD card with the thought that I might be culprit, but after giving some false hope the storm disappointed me!

Now it has been a day I've been using the Storm 9530 without a micro-SD card, and touch wood, it seems to be working fine.

NOW the main problem: HOW DO I GET MY BLACKBERRY STORM 9530 TO WORK NORMALLY EVEN WITH A MICRO SD CARD?

Can anyone help me please?
Offline   Reply With Quote