View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #25
spiff72

Model: 9530
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Verizon
Default Re: Tried Android, Came Back to BlackBerry

I actually defected from the BB Storm 1 to the original Droid on Verizon. I thought the Storm was terrible buggy, the Sure-Press keyboard/screen was a terrible idea, and that the battery life wasn't particularly good. I also spent a lot of time flashing leaked ROMs to that phone, and was never happy with the result.

The think that I DID like about it was the syncing with my work computer that let me sync up my Lotus Notes calendar and contacts with the phone (via USB or Bluetooth) via BB Desktop. On my Droid, I had to buy a $70 subscription to a program that mimics an Exchange Server and runs on my computer 24/7. Not ideal, since when the computer is off, I don't get my email.

The Droid has also been flashed with numerous ROMs (I am rooted), and I really haven't found one that I am happy with from a speed and reliability standpoint.

Part of me wants to switch back, but I am tempted by the VZW iphone (I know - I am probably crazy). I just don't know what BB I would get on VZW. I would guess the Bold... I think with either the iphone or a BB, I would really miss the fact that you can put widgets on your homescreen (calendars, to-do lists, etc). I find these very useful, and it (and the lack of Flash support) are the biggest obstacles to me switching to an iphone or BB.
Offline   Reply With Quote