View Single Post
Old 04-05-2006, 03:05 PM   #1
jibi
BlackBerry God

Model: 8900
Carrier: AT&T
Default BES 4.1 - IT Policy (Spreadsheet) - UPDATED for 4.1.5

Please Login to Remove!

This is from the Exchange version of BES 4.1, but I'm pretty sure that its fairly applicable to all versions. Hope this might help out some people - I know some were asking for a dump of all the options in the past.

This should also, for the most part, be applicable to BES 4.0, as well. With some exceptions, such as the Phone Logs/SMS/PIN synchronization/auditing, it will be the same from version to version.

This includes the IT policy (in the order they are listed in BES with colored section separators), the coinciding description of the policy, the minimum and maximum values for the policy, the default value (if the policy is not set), and the values that are applicable for that particular policy.

In my opinion, this should be used to help BES admins out when determining IT policy implementation (not to mention that its updated with ALL of the newer policies implemented). RIM used to offer this documentation in the Administration Guide as an appendix, but they removed it in later versions of BES 4.0 (for whatever reason). It can still be obtained, with a little work, from downloading a service pack for any version and looking at the DB installation scripts (hence it being public information, albeit taking a few jumps through hoops).

Color Code:
Blue: Category Header
Yellow: Added in BES 4.1.2
Green: Added in BES 4.1.3
Maroon: Deprecated in BES 4.1.2
Orange: Deprecated in BES 4.1.3
Light Blue: Added in BES 4.1.4
Dark Blue: Deprecated in BES 4.1.5
Light Pink: Added in BES 4.1.5

Last edited by jibi; 11-09-2008 at 09:39 PM..
Offline   Reply With Quote