Old 05-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #61
PaulM
Thumbs Must Hurt

Model: 9810
PIN: 28ae483a
Carrier: the "new" at&t
Default Re: Playbook vs 'The New' iPad

Please Login to Remove!

I really have nothing constructive to bring to this topic other than my personal opinion on the PB.

I initially bought my PlayBook because of it's physical size, available onboard memory and price. I shopped around a lot and found that the PB fit the bill for what I was looking for in a tablet. FWIW, I couldn't pass up on my 64GB for $199. That, and I felt a bit of brand loyalty wasn't a bad thing since I've been so happy with every BB that I've owned.

Having owned it for a few months, I find that I am a bit dissapointed with the availability of native apps, and a few other minor things, but overall I've enjoyed it. I've found that sideloading isn't so difficult, but it would be nice to just be able to have the app availability that the Android and Apple market enjoy.

Although I'm definitely not an "Apple guy", lately I have found myself looking at the iPad's. It's a bit out of the budget for now, but I think that sometime soon, one might find it's way to my house.

It's hard to admit, but I really like the functionality and features that the iPad advertises. It's definitely is a game changer in the tablet market and Apple has nailed it.

I wish that I could say the same for RIM, but I too see a sinking ship. I'll stay faithful to the phones for as long as I can, but eventually I see myself shifting allegiances.

64GB PB - OS 2.1.0.840
9810 - OS 7.1.0.714 unlocked
9800 - unlocked/ bathtub victim
9700 - sold ?
8310 - unlocked
8100 - sold
Offline   Reply With Quote