View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
DallasFlier
BlackBerry Extraordinaire

Model: 9800
PIN: OT NOIR
Carrier: AT&T/Cingular/AT&T

I've said it several times before here, but will say it again. Is your primary use to be a PHONE, or a nifty multimedia & web browsing device? If you say a PHONE, than get the Bold. I have personal experience (more than once) of standing next to iPhone users with my (AT&T) Curve and being able to make and receive calls when their reception isn't good enough to use. And its not just me, google iPhone reception, you'll find all sorts of info out there confirming people experiencing poor reception.

I know test and others will chime in and say their reception is just fine, and I'm sure it is. If you'll ALWAYS be in good coverage areas, then you'll probably be just fine. If you ever find yourself in marginal coverage areas, the BB will be a more reliable PHONE! I understand it took RIM a couple of generations before they figured out how to build a good PHONE into their BlackBerrys, and its apparently going to take Apple a while too. Desiging & manufacturing cellular phones is a whole different technology with a whole different set of issues and problems than designing a computer or multimedia player.
Offline   Reply With Quote