View Single Post
Old 06-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #11
Zro
CrackBerry Addict

Model: 8800
Carrier: Rogers

ntjones:

If you liked the suretype on the old 7100's, you'll probably love the suretype on the 7130. I tested one of these the other day and was amazed at how much better the suretype is.

And it can learn new words from incoming email (a function i turned off due to learning spam words)...so you could theoretically send yourself an email with the entire english dictionary in it and have them all available to you.

OOOOOoooo...and frequency learning...I liked the frequency learning. I generally type 'hey' more than I type 'get' and after a couple emails, it was defaulting to 'hey' instead of 'get'.

Remote desktop is now a viable option on the 7100 form factor too...thanks to the EDGE connection.

Auto screen dimming was decent too. Side convenience key helped make my life a bit easier...oh, and I guess the faster processor and more RAM helped a bit

On a regular 7100 (or even a 7290) if you try to highlight multiple pages of messages using shift scrolling, you can see a lag....on the 7130, no lag.

But enough of my babbling...check the specs on the 7130c, it's NICE!

NOTE: This is not a qwerty vs suretype post, just a suretype vs suretype post.

EDIT: OOOOOhhhhh....I almost forgot...remember when the 8700 came out and everyone was saying it was leaps and bounds above for phone quality? Put that phone quality into a 71xx form factor. I had AMAZINGLY clearer calls than my 7100t that I was using previously.

Zro

Last edited by Zro; 06-09-2006 at 03:06 PM..