Old 07-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
AverageWhiteBloke
Knows Where the Search Button Is

Model: 9800
PIN: N/A
Carrier: o2
Default Re: Application Loader Has to Close

Ok has time to look at this a bit more methodically and browse the forum a bit
It would appear that the java out of memory error I get is down to installing app world onto the phone, once I delete it I'm back to normal. The phone although I'm aware only has 64mb and quite old has no other third party apps just facebook on and I have deleted everything from the original OS install that I don't need as well as some other memory saving tweaks.

There must be a bug some where along the lines with the latest version of app store and my 4.5 OS. That causes me all kinds of problems, firstly once I un-install app world the phone also no longer works with the browser the phone is not recognised. That means I can no longer get any apps from anywhere

The second problem I have is that applications section doesn't work in DS6 and the app loader stops working and has to close once DS6 in installed on the computer. I can however still sync my contacts etc data so this is no big problem unless I need to re-install the OS on the 8100.

The only way I can re-install the OS is to un-install both DS6 and the app loader, delete the RIM folder and re-install the app loader. Once DS6 is back on everything stops working. The problem here being if I un-install DS6 it also takes away all my settings for the 9800.

I would appreciate any honourable comments or ideas.
Offline   Reply With Quote