View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
fishernet

Model: 9670
PIN: N/A
Carrier: Sprint
Default Battery, voice, now flash? What next...

Please Login to Remove!

First off, I think the phone for the most part is fantastic. OS 6 is much nicer to use than 4 and 5. Media support is great, I like the fact that I don't have to pull the battery to get the SD card out (unlike my Curve), and I like being able to read messages on the front display.

Okay, now that I've dispensed with what I like...

The first problem: battery life. I can't go more than 12 hours on one charge at work. If I leave it at home I can go about 20 hours. I turned off GPS Location Services and it hasn't helped. I'm about ready to wipe it. I'm disappointed as my 8350i did not have this problem.

The second problem: outgoing voice quality. My wife and I both got the 9670 back in December. Every now and again people cannot understand us because the voice quality degrades so badly. I've heard it a few times myself. I'm not sure if it is a signal issue or what, but I've never had this experience with any other phone, including my two previous Blackberry phones.

The third problem: flash randomly turns on. This has only happened once, and only to my wife, but at one point today she noticed that her leg hurt. After a few moments of investigation, the phone decided to turn the flash on. Only a battery pull fixed the problem.

Seriously, this phone is getting worse by the day. Anyone else having these issues? Any fixes for this stuff?
Offline   Reply With Quote